Introduction!

Hello !

We Currently live in Highlands Ranch Co. Thinking about moving to Poland so my wife can be with her aging parents. Also to let my son be with his grandparents for a while. I do not speak Polish (except for the important words(BEER WHISKEY, etc.)My son is bi-lingual and of course wife speaks Polish (she moved to America 11 years ago and that is when we met. Could some of the people that currently live there tell me pros and cons of moving there? Just want to make sure I think of everything before we up and move.

Welcome on board s2good2 ;)

Meanwhile I will suggest you, to browse through the existing discussions in the Poland forum which might help you in contrasting the pros and cons!

Regards :)

Ok, So we ARE moving to Gdynia on 03-29-11. We already have our flat only 700 feet away from my wife's parents flat!! Talk about close!

Are there any English speaking groups that I could join in Gdynia? Just so I could talk with people face to face that are in the same position?

There should be quite a few folks in Gdynia who speak English.  I know a few Polish folks (friends of the wife) who speak very good English who live there.

It might be good to pick up a few words in the language before coming.  Maybe a Rosetta Stone

It's a lovely country to live in -- that 's my opinion :)

Thanks for the reply!  I can understand what people are talking about in Polish and know some, Currently, going through the Pimsleur corse... hope it helps!!