Are you happy in Bahrain?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Bahrain? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Bahrain happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

I have been here for almost two months, so you know, in my expert opinion I think Bahrain is great compared to some other countries I've lived in.

I shall now concede the floor to the real experts. =)

Hi All,

I currently live in Canada for past 8 years and have also lived in New York for that many years.

I was born and raised in Bahrain but the sad reality that its not easy to be a national forced me out of the country. I would still move back to Bahrain if I could.

One thing I love about Bahrain is diversity just like Canada. You get to meet people from all around the world.

In general though, we feel happier in a country when its safe, unemployment rate is low, living expenses are low and for me personally when I have my immediate family living close to me.

I recently visited Bahrain and everyone I met was very content and happy to be in Bahrain. 

That is my 2 cents!

Hi,

actually I've visited a lot of countries for work and tourism, and I see, that Bahrain is the best country for foreigners, here I feel that I am home, feel no different in treating between us and the local from the government.

also the local citizen are very kind and friendly ,  they are the best in gulf area.

every thing here is easy to do or to go, very organized, not complicated.

for me, I am very happy here in Bahrain, my second home.

Iceland rocks

;) Hello, my name is Mandy.  I am a mature age person, I live with my dogs.   I have been coming to Bahrain [on and off] for 10 years.  This time I stayed !!  I have been here this time for 2 years and I am working for most of that time.  Am I happy in Bahrain.  Yes.  Very much so. 

I came from Australia.. and was in Australia from UK...   I have to say I feel so much safer here than either UK or Oz..  If things work out, I would like to think I can retire here..  Will have t wait and see on that one.

I have lived in Bahrain for the last seven years. I live with my wife and a son in Riffa Views whilst my daughter who is in University in US comes over during summer and winter breaks. all of us absolutely love it here. The place is a vibrant mix of several nationalities, the people are civilized and friendly and the systems work. You can walk or drive all alone at night from one corner of the island to the other feeling totally safe and secure. Crime rate is low and setting up a business is relatively easy. Many expats live in Bahrain and commute to work in Saudi Arabia. There are some very good schools in Bahrain, some with A levels and others with IB. There is a choice of Indian, Pakistani or French school too. Cost of living is increasing slowly as the government gradually withdraws its subsidies from Electricity and Water.

Bahrain is the most friendly country in the gulf for an expat
People are so kind
Freedom for every one
Really I am happy to be in Bahrain for over 11 years

Hello,

I currently live in France but i spent 9 months in Bahrain, the 1st month was not easy because it was my 1st experience without family, and i didn't know alot of people in Bahrain but After 2-3 months i met alot of people, i still talk to some people in Bahrain
It was a great experience, Bahrain is a small country, not alot of things to see but still i'm in love with Bahrain, Once i finish my studies i wanna live n work in Bahrain, i know it's not an easy task especially when you spent 15 years in europe but my wish is to go there again

The only thing that annoys me [pet peeve] about Bahrain is the amount of LITTER left around.  Coming from Australia where littering gets you  'on the spot fines' - maybe I'm just a bit oversensitive to the issue.  I live not too far from a little beach & fishing harbour. It could be such a picturesque spot.  I do find broken and rusting chest freezers in the tide line a bit of a shock along with floating, empty drink cans.  The water around Bahrain is so clear and otherwise clean, that litter on the beaches and in the sea itself, is a bit of a 'put off'. 

Sorry !  That is my "rant" for today.

Bahrain is very very friendly and family country and the system works great .
bahrainies are great friendly people i have been there for a year now and i want to stay here for good
i love this country

For the one year and a half I have here, I would acknowledge Bahrain people for humility and kindness. I feel home away from home and that makes me happy