Expats in phil

i live in manila. i sometimes feel i  miss my ex country and friends. whats the best way to kill my nostalgia. any advice?? thanks.

I think meeting other people would be a way. Mingle with the locals or befriend other expats, but be careful who you choose to interact with to avoid unnecessary grievances in the future.

Go dance the salsa, or get the free lesson they give before the party, you could also do the free zumba, this  is one way of making acquaintances.

All the best.

As one who has worked and lived in at least half a dozen countries and now back in the U.S., it is normal to feel nostalgic for home and friends.  It's ok, really just don't dwell on it all the time.  Focus on the reason you are there for...have objectives to work on, make friends both fellow expats and locals.  Practice random acts of kindness by doing something good for someone...(and not expect something in return); it's a great feeling.   You don't have to be rich to do something good for others.

Carie Silva wrote:

Go dance the salsa, or get the free lesson they give before the party, you could also do the free zumba, this  is one way of making acquaintances.

All the best.

Do you know where to we can learn how to dance salsa?