Medical Records and other Important papers

We are going to be moving from South Dakota, USA to either Dusseldorf or Dresden come March and we need to know what papers need translated and Apostiles.  We already have our marriage license and birth cert's Apostiles.  We are wondering about medical records? My son is ADHD and currently on meds and I am on medication as well.  Do I need to get a copy of these records or just start fresh in Germany?  How about bringing a cat over?  What is the easiest/least complicated way to get the paper work done? What exact paperwork is needed.  Any help and advice would be wonderful!  Thanks  Katie:D

Sheltie: do you or your husband actually have employment to come to? This is because of the health insurance issue. Salaried employment is the only way to get into the German public health insurance system ( although it does cost money - itŽs NOT free! ).

We know we need employment to get the insurance.  I am wondering about our medical records here because of the prescriptions and treatments we've had as well as any government document that might need translated.

My husband is a German National and has only lived in the states 8.5 years.  He is originally from Dresden which is where we are heading now.