Dealing with homesickness in Romania

Hello everyone,

Being an expat in Romania can turn out to be a wonderful human, social or professional adventure... with potential moments of nostalgia and homesickness along the way.

What are your personal tips to prevent homesickness?

How do you deal with such feelings?

Are there shops or stores offering products from your home country in Romania? Or maybe venues with music and ambiance from your homeland?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Well for me....I have been here in Bucharest since 2013....there are times sure you get homesick for some things but if you take the time to explore a little outside  the "touristy" venues you find some wonderful things....For example if you are from the north America region there are simple basic venues like KFC Ruby Teusday's and the like....food as my mother would say fills the stomach and soul....However there are many other Expats around especially here...sometimes its nice to have a coffee or just talk with a fellow ex pat who has just arrived. The wonderful thing about Romania.is the open minds hearts and arms everywhere you  go.  Like anything sure you will have asome homesickness but it is short lived ...promise.