Customer care in Sweden

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Sweden and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Sweden?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Sweden?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hello!

Honestly? Customer service in Sweden is abysmal, especially if you compare it to the UK. Swedes seem to do the very least they can, and they don't offer any additional services unless you directly ask for it. Sometimes it is like pulling teeth! For example, if I asked for something in the UK and the customer service member of staff couldn't provide it, they would offer alternatives. That just doesn't happen in Sweden.

I also find that their communication is sadly lacking: emails not replied to and constant chasing required. Obviously, there are exceptions to this, but on the whole, Sweden's customer service sadly lets the country down!

I agree with previous comment. Customer care and consumer rights are virtually non-existent in Sweden. They simply don't think there is any need to act with concern or, even at times any business ethic. Totally  corrupt and invariably greedy, disinterested and unhelpful.

I have to agree with the others, sadly lacking. If you haven't figured out where the que slips are no Swede is going to tell you where to find them. Never go to the pharmacy without an exact list of what you need refills on because even though they have the list with your personal number they won't offer up the assistance. I have found that if I attempt the conversation in Swedish they are more willing to assist. We have encountered nearly every social service since arriving as we have two special needs children. It is like pulling teeth to get assistance. Mind you that the children are Swedish by birth, so the migration status is not always the issue. There are tons of jobs in cs but they won't hire you if you are not fluent. So much for being a positive example! People either really love their jobs in cs and excel at it or hate it and do the absolute least because it is next to impossible to fire someone for doing a bad job. There is no in between. Most problems come from miscommunication. They are just as afraid to speak English as we are Swedish. Good luck!