Traveling to Singapore

Hi - Maing my first visit to Singapore next week. Any recommendations on a central walkable area to find a hotel? Would like to be in the middle somewhere. Similar to District 1 in HCMC or Wai Chan in HK. I'll also be making a day trip to Malaysia. Recommendations/do's and don't's appreciated. Thank you very much. Warm regards, - Jason

Hotels near to Clarke Quay metro station or near to Bugis junction mrt station are near to businesses district and central district.

There are plenty of night coach buses as well morning buses going to KL, Genting, Malacca and other parts of Malaysia (You must have a separate visa for Malaysia).

In Singapore, you can do many but don't do are very few like don't break law or avoid graffiti or brings cigarette packs ( only one open pack is allowed), dont bring chew gum, don't eat or drink while you are in metro trains, don't bring drugs ( death penalty is in place if a person caught carrying more than 10gms). Apart from this I believe there is no much concerns in Singapore.

Wishing you a happy and safe stay in Singapore.

Hi Biz Man,

Wanchai is walking distance to Central District and right in the busy and bustling area of Hong Kong, so I would recommend somewhere in or very close to Orchard Road. I normally stay either at the Mandarin Orchard or the Orchard Hotel because they are so central, but I have also stayed at the Concorde Hotel which is also very central being at one end of Orchard Road and once at the RELC Hotel just next to the Shangri La Hotel on Orange Grove Road. The RELC is 5 - 10 minutes walk to Orchard Road (2 minutes by taxi) and is basic, clean, great aircon but with basic facilities. It has huge rooms and is inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. I've stayed at other hotels such as in Little India and along the Singapore River (Copthorme Hotel) but it really depends which part of Singapore you prefer to stay and the availability of rooms at this moment.

As Surya2K says, there are many luxury buses that travel between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, or even to Johore Baru which is just across the Causeway from Singapore or Melaka which is also not as far as Kuala Lumpur. The trip from Singapore to KL takes about 5 hours, however, if you will only be in Malaysia for a day then perhaps Melaka is a nice place to head off to and it has a lot of history, lots of character, great food and nice things to see. If you arrive in Melaka's bus terminal, it is a short and cheap taxi fare to go to the clock tower, and from there most of the interesting places can be reached on foot.

For coaches between Singapore and KL in the past I have usually used the companies Aeroline and Transtar (you can check them both online. The first departs from Singapore's Harbour Front and the other from the Golden Mile Complex. You'll need to book as quickly as possible otherwise there may not be any seats left. At the Golden Mile Complex you can actually check out several coach operators as they are all lined up beside each each other.

You can check out the schedules and price on the following links:

http://www.easybook.com/bus-singapore-klhttp://www.easybook.com/bus-singapore-melaka

Regards,
Hansson

Thank you.

Hi...
i just wanna share some info with you.

I prefer to stay in orchard area coz is near with MRT. (Actually, they have MRT in every area)
But I think is easier stay in orchard area.