Expand your social circle in Burkina Faso

Hello everyone,

Moving to Burkina Faso means leaving one's family and friends behind. Creating a circle of friends or joining an existing one should therefore be paramount in order to fight loneliness in your host country.

But how can one develop a social network in Burkina Faso? Where and how to meet people there?

How easy is it to meet locals? What about cultural specificities?

Share your advice and experience!

Many thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Hello Ms.Priscilla,
Greetings!
The below advice is shared from my personal experience, hope it serves the purpose.

I might not be a socially dynamic person, anyhow here are some facts i was able to relish on my days here.

For any expat, Burkina Faso locals would seem quite friendly in general. If you are someone who's socially dynamic, am sure it not hard to form a social circle in a glimpse.

Burkina Faso is more of an after eve social country as to what i see. You might see people socializing with each other late after their duties here on places like bars, health clubs, gyms and through religious gatherings.

If your a person who fancies any of the above, it couldn't be hard. And given the fact that you
Could speak french you might not have any barriers. The above perspectives are based on making froends with the Local.

And if you are to look for expats, that could be a bit hard. I might suggest trying out the speciality restaurants perhaps during their festival times where different expatriates might participate.

Ps: I am an expat living here for few years now, moving around West African countries every now and then for business. This question is something of a great importance for any lonely traveller. True!