IT company and relocation Mauritius

Hi Julien, I see you recently moved to Mauritius - are you happy there? what is/were the challenges for you personally - and what (website or other) route is the best to get answers through regarding red tape?  What about IT people  -  are there work for outsiders? And how does Mauritius receive IT businesses wanting to branch out to Mauritius?  Many questions, I know... :-)

Hi Helga,

I've been living in Mauritius for more than a year now and yes I am happy here. It changes a lot from Europe, but I like it.

I never had any big issue here. Sometimes things take more time, but it's ok. The only difficulty I've got at the moment is recruitment, I am looking for a PHP developer and I haven't found yet.

There is work here for outsiders as long as you are skilled and experienced! What's your specialty?

You can branch out here without problem. (have a look to the BOI mauritius)

Glad to hear you enjoy the island.
I'm a horticulturist and artist who has been writing and marketing web-content for a number of years now.  My husband is skilled in Html; CSS; Javascript; Joomla based CMS and competent with Php. 
Which agency would you suggest for us to contact regarding job vacancies? Thanks for all your help!

Very interesting! I am currently looking for an experienced CSS/PHP developper, can you send me a CV + an idea of the salary you are looking for (julien at expat-blog dot com)?

Julien,

Have you succeeded in finding CSS/PHP developer? If not, please contact me (NataliyaG on this blog).

Hi and welcome to Expat.com NataliyaG!

Please note that this post is 4 years old.
You can still contact Julien at the address mentionned above though.

Regards
Armand

Thought I would ask here,would a Diploma in Information Technology in Network Management be any good in Mauritius? Like would I be able to find a job with it? :)