Inheritance tax

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for information about inheritance taxes in Ukraine, for the following reason;
I am married with an Ukrainian women, we both live in Holland and we both have a dutch passport. ( My wife doesn't have a ukrainian passport anymore because she is for a very long time in Holland).

Now family from my wife in Ukraine died and there is a testament which will indicate that my wife inherits a house.

Now i have heard that we need to pay inheritance taxes in Ukraine and there are special rules because we do not have an Ukranian pasport.

We can not find any information about it, we do not know how it works in Ukraine.

does anyone know something about how this works and what we need to arrange??

I hope someone can give me a little information. I really need some more information soon because there is a deadline with the payments.

Regards,
Michael

Hello

Unless rules have changed over the last 6 years, then only Ukrainian citizens can own land in Ukraine.
Apartments and fully paved areas is ok, no land.

As i said, the law can have been changed since then.

It is about an apartment in a large complex.
But the apartment is also devided into shares

Then there shouldnt be any problems about the ownership. And Ukraine is low ontax, also for forigners. I dont knoe anuthing about taxation on iheritence. I think you can get proper legal reprecentation for about 200€ in the matter.

Someone told me that i need to pay 30% of the value of the apartment because we dont have an Ukrainian passport.
Residence pay 0 or 5 percent.

Does anyone know if this is right? because then it will be expensive.

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Euro … nheritance

Seams to be 30%. On the upside then apartments in Kiev are not expensive. Get a proper evaluation of the apartment and a lawyer.

Michaelyul wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for information about inheritance taxes in Ukraine, for the following reason;
I am married with an Ukrainian women, we both live in Holland and we both have a dutch passport. ( My wife doesn't have a ukrainian passport anymore because she is for a very long time in Holland).

Now family from my wife in Ukraine died and there is a testament which will indicate that my wife inherits a house.

Now i have heard that we need to pay inheritance taxes in Ukraine and there are special rules because we do not have an Ukranian pasport.

We can not find any information about it, we do not know how it works in Ukraine.

does anyone know something about how this works and what we need to arrange??

I hope someone can give me a little information. I really need some more information soon because there is a deadline with the payments.

Regards,
Michael

If your wife is no longer a Ukrainian citizen then she pays 18% tax out of the estimated cost of inherited real estate property :
Articles 167.1 and 174.2.3 of the tax code of Ukraine.

manden wrote:

Hello

Unless rules have changed over the last 6 years, then only Ukrainian citizens can own land in Ukraine.
Apartments and fully paved areas is ok, no land.

As i said, the law can have been changed since then.

Foreigners cannot own only agricultural land.

It actually was farm land we tried to purchase

manden wrote:

It actually was farm land we tried to purchase

Do you still want to purchase that land plot?

Probably, if it is good soil with clean water in the area. We wanted to grow organic and bio dynamic vegetables,  and maybe some freerange cattle.

Is it possible to buy farm land now?

manden wrote:

Probably, if it is good soil with clean water in the area. We wanted to grow organic and bio dynamic vegetables,  and maybe some freerange cattle.
Is it possible to buy farm land now?

No it is not possible to buy it now as there is a moratorium now for sale-and-purchase of farm lands. But there is a way to acquire farm land. In the past this could have been done by execution of deed of gift or initiating a law suite in which the seller "lost" the case and the buyer got title on the land plot. Now these legal structures do not work. But there are new ones.