Do i need a D VISA from the UK?

Hi,
can anyone out there please advise i have a property in BG due to relocate in 10 weeks permanently. Do i need a D VISA from the UK, to apply for long term residency? Also does the 90 day rule apply? Thank you in advance this should be under another topic!

Hi Hotchpotch,

Please note that i have created a new thread with your post on the Bulgaria forum for more visibility and interactions with the members.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

hotchpotch,
Depends on your passport you travelling with. If you have  an EU passport you don't need any visas anywhere in the EU zone, has been like this since it was created only more countries now Any other look at your Embassies visa requirement section.

If you moving to Bulgaria then once you are in Bulgaria, you need to apply for your long stay visa. Anyone staying longer than 90 days should really get this.

D visa! if you plan a permanent stay here.

You DO NOT need a D Visa.
Just move over and once you are settled, apply for your long term residency card (ID Card) at the local immigration department of the police. You'll need a copy your house deeds, copy of your passport, proof of bank account in Bulgaria (usually a debit card will do) and some form of health cover. They usually want the E111 form, even though technically this is only for emergency treatment on holiday.