Rush/Priority A4 letter delivery to Brazil from Toronto

I'm sending important documents to Belo Horizonte Brazil from Toronto, Canada.  Canada Post has said they offer a priority shipment to brazil that will take 2 to 3 days (delivered to recipient). 

Does anyone have experience with this?  I've sent non time sensitive material to Brazil before and the results have been mixed (sometimes 1 to 2 weeks, sometimes 5 weeks). 

Because of the urgency of these documents, I'm considering Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.  Does anyone have any experience with priority shipping to Brazil. 

I can think of 2 bottlenecks.  1.  Customs in Brazil - I imagine A4 documents in a brown envelope shouldn't take "too long" to clear customs.   2.  Mail system in Brazil.  Am I relying on using Brazil's internal mail system once it arrives in Brazil, or can I count on an actual courier service in Brazil to handle this quickly (something like what DHL/FedEx) may be able to do. 

Any experience and recommendations?

Canada Post Priority Mail can guarantee getting it to Brazil on their schedule, but once here that's as far as it goes. You're stuck with the pathetic service of Correios which can take a week or more from that point, if it gets there at all.

My advice to you is to go with FedEx, they will get the documents to BH on time, or you get a refund.

Cheers,
James 
expat.com Experts Team

Thanks James.  I figured that with Canada Post as well, so I skipped them.  I ended up going with DHL as they were a much closer walk for me than to go to FedEx.  They guaranteed 3 day delivery.