Difficulty getting regular work

What's with the difficulty with honesty and work in Malta?

Upon my return to Malta I was very pleased to find that we are now protected by the ETC! Last time I didn't know it was illiage not to get paid after 28 days and my employer used the excuse that he would pay me after two months, obviously I left sharply. Well this time I'm more savvy and I have the ETC. yet I got one week with a couple of lads, they paid me ok, thing is tho. I only got a week. Now iv a new job, done one day, that's all they said I could have. Then there making out like I should know iv got a week here, yet he clearly said no work on Tuesday.

Do companies get some kind of tax increase if they employ over one week? Will I struggle to find anything longer than one week? It's a crazy system that's destroying my ability to afford rent and I really really don't want things to end badly again. Any thoughts on this? Shoul I just get another job and turn down these week trials? I can't afford to do anymore as iv a small baby to consider this time.

It is always difficult to comment on work-related questions without knowledge of the work,qualifications and so on.

There is an EU-part-funded programm which offers companies subsidies for employing new workers. The amounts are certainly interesting and paid on a weekly basis even if the employment is terminated after one day.

I don't know if this applies in your specific case and it is not illegal, just creative use of existing regulations. And Maltese can be very creative -)))

The tourist season is slowing down now so it will get harder to find work associated with tourism.

Cheers
Ricky