Diabetic in Makati?

Hey all, I'm currently considering a job offer that will come with a relocation to Makati. Besides all the trivial stuff, one of the things I need to consider is whether I will be able to stay healthy if I move here.

I am a diabetic, and I've been able to keep my condition under control with the help of a good endocrinologist and the mess she prescribed me, here in the homeland. I need to know if I'll be able to continue doing this in the Philippines as well:

- First off, will my prescribed medication be readily available there? I take glucophage, although I can easily switch to another brand of metformin. Will I need to bring any documentation from my doctor here in Bulgaria, or possibly ask a Filipino doctor for a prescription, or can I buy these meds freely in pharmacies?

- I like to do regular check ups and tests, and i would prefer to have one doctor to follow up on me - can I get that in Manila,  and, in your opinion, is the care going to be adequate?

No prescription needed. All meds are available and for a much cheaper price. Why do you think Americans go to Mexico for meds. Same meds much cheaper. Especially diabetics meds.  Also consider that here there are less cases of diabetes because their natural fruits and vegetables cure most cases of diabetes. Something to look into.

Eat plenty of bitter melon.