Information about German law for student internships

Hallo!

I am Giuseppe from Italy, some months ago I applied for an internship with DHL. Things were pretty fine but then they told me that in Germany internships can be done only by:
1)Students enrolled at universities
2)Students who finished bachor and are waiting to start their master degree

Since I am a master graduate I couldn t continue the selection.

Yesterday while doing some researches however I read that internships are available for graduates (in general) if 18 months have not passed since the date of their graduation.

For other companies it was not a problem as I also remembered only yesterday.

Can you please suggest me which laws talks about student s internship in Germany and if this information is correct allowing also Master Graduates to work there?

Regards
Giuseppe

There is no such law and, as an Italian citizen, you can freely work in Germany in any job regardless of what it's called.
Some companies might have their own rules about whom they accept for internships. They are allowed to.

As beppi said there are no laws and it totally depends on company... but once you finish the master degree and then if you apply for internship as per the law they have to pay you more salary than for the students who are studying and wants to do an internship..

Regards
Rahul

Hello beppid,
    I just want to know about Internship which I was got in Mainz, Germany. This is a private own company called ML Components. They offered me IT and Web Developer position for 3 Months and 300 Euro will pay per month. I feel this Internship is a good chance for me to entering into the Germany, But my feelings are quite bad because this is not a permanent Job. once I complete the internship I want to come back into my home country. Can I apply for jobs in Germany with my internship experience ? I am a B.Sc Hons Graduate with 4 years of experience in the IT field.  I am from Sri Lanka.

Thanks

Of course you can apply for jobs in Germany and mention your internship experience. However, if you do find a job during your internship (which is by no means certain), I am not sure if your visa can be converted to a work visa. You might have to return to your country and apply for a work visa from there.
Please also not that you cannot survive on EUR300/month, so bring enough savings (you need at least EUR700-800/month for a frugal lifestyle near the poverty line).