Barcelona internet

Hi All!  Can anyone tell me what the options are for internet service in Barcelona?  I'll be working from home for my U.S. employer, so I'll need service with decent speed.

Thanks!!

You can try Movistar's internet services. I'm using it for 2 months now and I'll say that I'm very happy with it. :)

Are you on a non-lucrative visa?
You are not supposed to do any work with that one even remotely, it's next to impossible for a non eu citizen to live in Spain and work.

But you already know this as it has been answered elsewhere.  ;)

We will be coming over on a non-lucrative visa.  Per our consulate, we cannot work for a Spanish company, but can work remotely for my U.S. employer.  I'm glad I called the consulate to verify as there is a lot of misinformation on some forums.

That information is incorrect, anybody residing in Spain and working remotely has to submit a Spanish tax form whether it is located in the US or UK or anywhere.
You need to declare your world wide assets and income but you cannot do this on a non lucrative visa.

I'm fed up with people coming over here and fleecing an already complicated and unfair system, I can't work remotely from Spain as I am not an EU citizen but for some reason people in the US are being given this false information.
The Spanish make it clear that no "work activity is allowed" in the terms of the non lucrative visa, those exact words are stated.

Fair or not it is the rules but I am glad that plenty of people are blogging about doing this and leaving an online trail of their exploits because when the government do finally twig on to it it will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

It may sound harsh but to do this is illegal activity and if you are caught they will deport you and likely whack a EU wide travel ban.
It is after all your decision but you have been forewarned, repeatedly.

Here is the Spanish embassy link, it says it in a pretty clear way.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados … Visas.aspx

This is the most important requirement for this type of visa. You must bring documents showing that you have at least $100,000 – either in bank accounts, savings or investments – to be able to live in Spain without earning money.

I'm not here to argue with anyone.  I will say that the link you sent will be very helpful for individuals who live in states where the Washington Consulate has jurisdiction.  The best advice I have received on this forum is to always check with your consulate.  My consulate's website does not have the same wording as Washington or the other consulates.  This is why we are calling to have all of our questions answered.

But you can't consulate shop Spanish law.
Do you honestly deep down believe you have found some legal loophole that magically gives you privileges over every other non eu citizen?

If you are getting conflicting responses from various consulates then surely the best place to ask what the actual rules are is in Barcelona itself, ask them. Contact Hacienda and ask them the tax implications of working remotely on a non lucrative visa, after all it's them who you have to submit a tax return to like everybody else who can legally do remote working in Spain has to.