Can anyone offer me advice on getting a visa?

I'm an actor, American. Member  British Equity. I had the good fortune to live and work in the UK. I miss it terribly. My visa expired. Can anyone offer me advice on getting a visa?  I have agents that will represent me if I get a visa. I'm willing to pay for the sponsorship cost. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hello thomasgrube,

Welcome on board  :)

So that you may get relevant infos, i created a new thread from your post on the England forum.

You can also read the related article in the Living in England Guide : Visas

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi,
So how did you get a visa last time? Can you not just repeat the process?

Have you been in touch with the actors guild?

Actorsguild.co.uk

CB

hi
if you are planning for a short stay ( less than 6 months) you may not need any visa. If you wish to apply, do it online.it is simple and straight. see this:  gov.uk/check-uk-visa

80% of Americans qualify for a European citizenship. Prove that grandpa was Irish or German and get a second passport. No need for visas and such

Check Out the British embassy there will be all different options of type of visas you can apply for

420weblazeit wrote:

80% of Americans qualify for a European citizenship. Prove that grandpa was Irish or German and get a second passport. No need for visas and such

That's a pretty big stretch to say that 80% of Americans have an Irish born grandparent or otherwise qualify for EU citizenship.  Also, to obtain a German citizenship and passport, you must renounce your American citizenship in most cases.  You should do some fact checking before you suggest that obtaining an EU passport is so simple.  It is not so simple.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

romaniac wrote:
420weblazeit wrote:

That's a pretty big stretch to say that 80% of Americans have an Irish born grandparent or otherwise qualify for EU citizenship.  Also, to obtain a German citizenship and passport, you must renounce your American citizenship in most cases.  You should do some fact checking before you suggest that obtaining an EU passport is so simple.  It is not so simple.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

YOU should do some fact checking before you suggest. America allows dual citizenship. I think I would know.

That's a pretty big stretch to say that 80% of Americans qualify for EU citizenship

Actually, if you are white, there's a 80% chance. Indian immigration only started recently. Even Mexicans can prove their links to Spanish ancestors and after a simplified 2 years get citizenship (oh and Mexicans and many south Americans are visa-free to EU)

Back to topic please. Don't bash on me if you don't know yourself

Edit: Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship, but America does - as does Ireland and Poland.

420weblazeit wrote:
romaniac wrote:
420weblazeit wrote:

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

YOU should do some fact checking before you suggest. America allows dual citizenship. I think I would know.

That's a pretty big stretch to say that 80% of Americans qualify for EU citizenship

Actually, if you are white, there's a 80% chance. Indian immigration only started recently. Even Mexicans can prove their links to Spanish ancestors and after a simplified 2 years get citizenship (oh and Mexicans and many south Americans are visa-free to EU)

Edit: Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship, but America does - as does Ireland and Poland.

I think the point he's making is that to get German Nationality, you would need to surrender your US passport; if you don't physically do that, you will not get a German passport - end of story.  This does not mean you surrender your US nationality - nobody can take that away from you.  Whether the US will issue another passport afterwards, I don't know - best you check with the State Dept if you're worried; I'm also dual national US/UK.

p.s. my sister was born in Cincinnati, moved to UK as a baby on our mothers UK passport.  She was deported back to the US on her 18th birthday; it's not quite so cut and dried as some may think.

420weblazeit wrote:

Actually if you read my post, I never said America does not allow dual citizenship, I also know it does.  I said Germany does not in many cases.  Why you are talking about Mexicans and Indians now is beyond me, you originally brought up Americans, which I was addressing. So now you've gone from 80% of Americans being EU citizenship eligible, to 80% of white Americans.....sorry, but you're still not even close to being correct. 80% of Americans (white or otherwise) do not have a EU born parent or grandparent.  Where do you come up with such an outlandish statistic? 

According to pewsocialtrends, only 16% of Americans are 1st gen immigrants, and a even fewer 8% are second generation immigrants, which is the potential scope to gain a EU citizenship by descent.  Of those 16% first and 8% second generation immigrants, only 20% of the first genners are white and 47% of the second gen, respectively.  On top of this, all of these percentages are based on worldwide immigration, so the EU origin immigrants will be even fewer.  Far far fewer than the 80% you claim.

I'm not "bashing on you" so don't take it personally.  I'm merely pointing out that you're spreading false information and possibly giving people false hopes.  If you think you have factual information to support your position, present it.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team