Getting married to Russian lady

Hi, I hope I am doing this correctly. I am a born and bred South African and stay in Vereeniging, Gauteng. I am flying to Krasnodar on the 17th of December and to spend Christmas with my fiance and were hoping to get married in December. It now seems unlikely that this could happen since our marriage has to be registered first and there is a 30 day waiting period after registration and I must leave Russia again on the 8th of January. We were under the impression the 30 day period could be shortened drastically by paying an additional fee that we now find out is not really true. We wanted to get married over December, then my wife would apply for her visa to come to South Africa and come to me once it's ready and she had a few other matters taken care of. She's in tears already with worry and we've tried to see what can be done to get married in December still but to me honest, it seems unlikely. What would be the best option? Should I fly back once the registration for our marriage is eligible and then get married? Will she then have to stay behind to prepare her visa and come when its done? What type of visa should she apply for? She doesn't really need a working permit since she is going to be a housewife at first giving her time to adjust and to improve on her English, which is very poor at this stage. I would really appreciate if somebody could just advise us of the best option  to take. Thanks, Lenny

Hi Lenny,
As I understood u r going to get married in Russia,  why don't you want to do that here in SA? It's much easier. I came here with visitors visa (intention to get married),  here u have 90 days to get married and get spousal visa. We paid 1000 R to some guy who registered our marriage and got visa for 2 years. Just need to renew it each 2 years. Don't know how it works in Russia but think it's much more complicated than to do it here.
Hope I helped smhow)

Dear Gysaryshka,
Thank you for the reply and advice. My wife to be still gives classes at a University in Armavir. She has a house to sell or to get tenants. She has a son that is soon starting his studies as a doctor in Krasnodar. We are getting married on the 25th of December in Russia. She has a few things to take care of still. After our marriage she will apply for a South African visa as my spouse. I have my visa and I am preparing all other documents in order for her to register our marriage in the meantime. Thanks

Maybe you should ask your questions on the Russia forum?

True, of course, I didn't even know there is a Russian forum. I am a bit new to this. Thanks  ;)

@ Lenny123 > Your topic is now on the Russia forum.

Thanks,

Priscilla :)

Thank you very much

hans01 wrote:

speak spanish.....
lima.peru
si me quiero casar con chica rusa
acepto todo con mucha seriedad
atentamente......percy :)

Please use English only on this Anglophone forum so everyone can understand.  There is Spanish version of Expat-Blog if you wish to post in Spanish. :whistle:

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team