Having our first baby!

Hey guys, 

My wife and I are having our first baby in December.  Currently, we are in the process of trying to find everything we need (strollers, crib, etc.).  I just found the website "me oi" and it looks ok.  Ideally, we would like to find decent stuff, but not break the bank.   Any suggestions, insight, advice, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Congrats Mark! I believe anything you want to buy cheaply you can buy from China.. my friend just bought a baby's rocking horse for like 70% discount off taobao website.

Not sure what the shipping would be but yeah i think you should start from there or aliexpress. Happy shopping!

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links / groups / websites not allowed.

Awesome and thanks.  I appreciate the information and will definitely check it out.

Hi Mark.
We are expecting our little princess this November. Almost all of our BBG's needs are from USA. My mother-in-law is doing the shopping for us in the States and sending them to Vietnam, like baby crib, strollers, clothing, diapers, wet wipes, shampoo, body wash,.....I mean everything. It is much more expensive but you get much better quality, and of course the safety of our BBG.
If there is anything that I can help you with, it would be my pleasure.

Dennis

Hey Dennis, congrats to you and your wife, that's great!  We're having a little girl as well.  November, wow, that's just around the corner, I'm sure you guys are so excited.  What service is your mother-in-law using to ship all your items to you and your wife?  Thanks for your reply as well.

Hi Mark.

My mother-in-law is using a private Vietnamese company, they make private shipping, I don't have their details and they deliver to my home address in HCM City, it's about 7 or 8 usd/kg, which is not to bad. Please feel free to contact me if you need something. Congratulations for your little princess too.

Dennis

Cool, thanks, Dennis, I'll talk to my wife and see what she wants to do.

No problem Mark. You can send me email *

Dennis

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

My baby girl (1Y) and my wife will come in 2 weeks here. Although we already have some stuffs, we will still need to buy some... (bed, clothes, diapers, etc..) if you know some good addresses, please share xD

Thanks

So happy for all our fellow expats.  Yoda congrats to all!

Will do, someone recommended Saigon Kids on Facebook and that looked pretty good at first glance.  My wife and I are heading out to some places over the next two weekends and I'll let you know how they are.

Thanks, Yoda, hope the force is with us, we're certainly going to need it:).

It's quite an experience to having a baby in Vietnam, We are very lucky for having relatives back in the US to ship us all our BBG's needs. By the way Mark, the shipping company's name is Vietlink.

Dennis

Hi Mark,
I've a 1y baby girl, so I think I can give you some suggestions.
Most of the stuff you can buy in VN. I know one store which sells good quality clothes and stuff with reasonable price. (I forget the name, I'll advise later when I pass by.)  This store is located in every district in HCMC. You can buy almost everything there.

Some other suggestions -
Clothes and bedroom stuff --Vertbaudet.com --online shopping. Good quality, pretty design, reasonable price. 30-70%off during summer (July) and winter (January) sales - delivery to everywhere in the world!
Diaper cream - Mustela VBC - made in France - the most recommended brand
Pacifier -- Jollypop - made in USA  >> Phthalate-free, latex-free, BPA-free, DEHP-free

Cool, thanks, Dennis.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you so much for the useful information.  Yes, if you could get the name of the store you were talking about, that would be great and my wife and I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for your reply and congrats on your little girl:). 

Best wishes,

Mark

Congratulations!!!
Co-op mart has a baby section where you can find many items with a reasonable price.

There is a similar thread here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=224388 with few answers too.

Another good article on children stores: http://www.saigonparents.com/food-shopp … -hcmc.html

And Nicolesan was probably referring to the shop called Concung http://concung.com/
They are many Concung shops in HCMC. You can use google translate to translate the webpage if any issue.

And from my side I like to use this website http://websosanh.vn/ to compare prices across online websites.

Hope it helps

Wow, very helpful, thanks!

Yes, the store is Concung.

Thanks, Nicole, checked out the website and it looks pretty good.  Looks like there is one close to us off of Dien Binh Chieu:).

Congrats to you,mark

Thanks, can't tell you how excited we are:).

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the following section : Buy and sell baby and kids stuff in Vietnam
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi ,

Congrats ! I recommend you buy stuff for baby in a local shop, not in the website which there is no guarante . I knew several shops for mom and baby in district 1, Ton That Tung st which is close to hospital Phu San Quoc Te. And other things such as shampoo , nappy , ect.. U can find in Coopmart supermarket on cong quynh st that is nearby. From 200,000vnd u can get free delivery service.

Hope that helps.
Kylie N

Thanks, Kylie, yes that does help.  My wife and I were in Coopmart last night and I saw some items and the prices were good.  We got a hat, gloves and footies for 27,000vnd and I saw them at a baby store and online for 70,000-80,000vnd.  Appreciate the help!  Best, Mark

Im van,34yrs,i'm hones_careful_friendly_punctual_very clean_reliable_hardworking and responsible person,i'm a good maid, i love childen very much ,although i have 3yrs experiences working with foreighner family but i do everything so good Because i love this job so much so i do with my heart,i take care children_clean house_iroin_laundry_go shopping and prepare something for cooking, i can work 6 hours per a day and 5 day per a week,from monday to friday,from 9 am to 3pm or paid hour or three times a week,beacause i have children so i can't work for long day,I speak basic English and chinese,please give me a chance to work for you,i hope you will be satisfires after someday,if you are interested please contacT my phone *************** email
thanks a lot and best regards

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Thanks, Van, we will consider this and are planning to hire a nurse for the first couple months and have my wife's aunt help us around the house, but afterwards we may look into a full-time helper.  I'll keep you in mind.

Thanks and congrats to you and your wife,best wishes to you

Twos company threes a crowed so be prepare for a crowed. We are also expecting a baby girl 7th December. It's the first baby for my wife. Congrats to you two other guys. We live in Nha Trang and there are many baby shops to choose from. We will buy some good quality stuff along with run of the mill stuff as I know babys grow so fast. 90 million Veitnamese seem to have grown up ok and I can assure you they DIDENT get the luxury there is about today.

Congrats to you also!  Funny, December 7th is my birthday, so right on!  Good point on keeping things in perspective..... As much as we want to get good stuff for our little one, the only thing that really should matter is for a healthy baby and delivery for the mother.  Hope that's the case with everyone here who is expecting soon and good luck to you all as well!

To all off us happy, caring new born baby families or to be parents. It's a bit out the subject. It's more for Info.
Start: 2 years ago.
     We had I.V.F done in Hcm. I have been sterilized for over 25 years but they managed to retract 13 sperm cells??? Surprise to me, as I was told in the Netherland, Forget it after 15 years, no way. Luck to us i say.
    Sperm Cells: 3 very good, 4 were bad and the rest average. 9 were incubated and 3 were placed in the wife. After check up at the baby clinic, Beta was showing around 260/280 as far as I remember. This is a little high for 1 baby but our sun Sielat was born super healthy 27 Nov 2014. (3 weeks early but they forgot the incubation time I suppose).
The incubated cells were going to be frozen for two years, and payed for, according contract with the clinic.

Now here comes my surprise: We were offered 3k us for 1 incubated cell from a family. We refused, because this means, there is an other ""our own complete Sielat"" and we do not have control what they do to the new born.
We went back to the clinic after our Sielat was 100 % and insisted 4 months later that they destroyed all the frozen cells in front off us, which they did after signing the papers. For all of us with IVF, There is a dark market, People, please keep this in mind.
Regards.

we found Big C great for cot, stroller (push chair) and a few other items...baby clothes we got from the market (cheap)

Cool, thanks, forgot about Big C, will have to check that out.

Congrats😙🙌I've never had a baby so I hope I don't sound like a "smart ass" but my 1st wife was expecting up till at month 5 she had a miscarrage.  So, being a typical Dutchman, I went looking for 2nd hand items that only needed a little paint/fix to make them like new.  With everyone in Vietnam poping out babies I think it would be easy to find items.  Also (sidenote) that is an idea for a good business...consignment store for baby things.  New families need money + save money.😀  Tell us when she delivers🙌

Hey Dennis, when you use the company that you mentioned, do all of your items arrive safely?  I've heard so many different stories about stuff getting lost/taken, etc.  Thanks, Mark

Went out shopping yesterday for some baby cloths and found a very nice shop in Nha trang . Good quality and not so expencive. We even brought a cot. They had one there for 12 million very nice made of wood or another one made from metal for less than 3 million . Babys grow so fast she would have grown out of the cot at 2 to 3 years old do we brought the 3 million , it's also nice and can just throw it away when it's done its job. Oh my wife says she's not having anymore babys, one is enough.

Wow congratulations :)
Once you have a kid you will never have enough money no matter what your bank account looks like! lol

All the best on your new adventure with your wife  :top:

Haha, that's funny, Jessi.  Luckily I'm used to having nothing in my bank account, so it won't be that big of a shock when I look at it after the little nugget is born :P.  We are totally excited and wish she was born yesterday! 

Thanks for the well wishes!