Working as a freelancer in the USA

Hi,

A lot of expats dream of becoming self-employed: we would like to help you to make that dream come true.

Can foreigners work as self-employed in the USA? What are the formalities to work as a freelancer?

What are the pros and cons of this status: social security, tax system, etc.?

How is the freelance market in the USA?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Kenjee

pls explain in detail.

I would like to know the same thing. I work as an IT freelancer building web sites and can work from home sometimes. It means I can take a couple of months off and get paid well for jobs that are on freelance basis. The market is good in the UK, is it the same in the USA and how difficult is it to get work as an English?

AdventurePursuits wrote:

I would like to know the same thing. I work as an IT freelancer building web sites and can work from home sometimes. It means I can take a couple of months off and get paid well for jobs that are on freelance basis. The market is good in the UK, is it the same in the USA and how difficult is it to get work as an English?

Theoretically you will have self employment earnings in the USA, subject to the 15% tax plus income taxes, plus state and local income taxes as applicable, even if you work on the Internet.