Query related to Family Joining

Hi,

I recently got an offer from an IT company in Muscat, Oman. I have a 7 months old daughter. I am planning to re-locate to Oman in Sep to join my new company.

My query is, how could I make my family join me earlier. I mean, my employer told me that I would get family joining visa after completing 6 months of employment. But I want to bring my wife and daughter as soon as possible.

Is there any way or visa type which I can apply for my daughter and wife so that they can join me as soon as possible (may be after 2 or 3 months) then later on they can go back to india for Family visa formalities and re-join me.

Please suggest.

Hi anshivank,

You can even bring them along with you on the same flight - on a visit visa. Not even after 2 - 3 months of your arrival.

They can stay with you for 3 months + 1 month extension.

It is best that you speak to your employer to help you arrange for their visit visas.

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advise. I will definitely get in touch with my employer and see if they can help me in getting visit visa for my family. If not, then I will try to reach out to some good agents in Muscat who can process visit visa for my family with I being the sponsor.

Could you please suggest me how much time it will take to get visit visa for my daughter and wife (if I become the sponsor) once I reach oman and get my residence card?

Thanks in advance.

anshivank wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advise. I will definitely get in touch with my employer and see if they can help me in getting visit visa for my family. If not, then I will try to reach out to some good agents in Muscat who can process visit visa for my family with I being the sponsor.

Could you please suggest me how much time it will take to get visit visa for my daughter and wife (if I become the sponsor) once I reach oman and get my residence card?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
Despite the '6 months rule', you can get family visa immediately after the Resident card formality. All that will depend on how 'cooperative' or 'willing' is your employer. I got my Family joining visa within a week and also got it deposited at the Airport.
I am sure you will be able to sponsor visit visa immediately after (the next day) you get your Resident card.... provided your employer okays it. It may take a week or so.

anshivank wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks in advance.

HI anshivank,

First you must understand that you are never the sponsor of your family, unlike for example it is in the UAE.

In Oman, it is always your employer who would be the sponsor for you, and for your family as well. However,  your family members would be technically attached to your primary employment visa.

The 6-month family joining waiting period is not a blanket wait period for all expatriates. There are exceptions.

Thanks for the info Sumitran. Will ask more queries soon :)