Get out of my way!!

How frustrating is it to get out of your office after a long & busy day and find some car blocking your way? I'm quite sure this happened to every single one of you coz it seems like a hobby for countless people in Riyadh. Now I can understand when someone makes me wait for a couple of minutes to get his meds from a nearby farmacy on a fully booked street. I've been really forgiving in many situations, I assure you. But what is it with this neighbour of mine who parks his car and goes home?! I don't know his number, don't know where he lives, and he didn't do it once, not twice, but three times! :nothappy:

I have all kinds of evil in my mind right now. I just can't decide if I should take my revenge on his car, or on him personally! :unsure

The best thing to do is with the help of some friends, push/tow his car to the middle of the street and leave it there, call the traffic police and escape from the scene. I am more than willing to help in case you need me :D

Count me in as well :D

Wow, that is some support! :thanks:

I did consider leaving his car in the middle of the street, but the way I was gonna do it is different. I wanted to let my own car do the job, giving his doors new sculpture in the process. But I didn't have in me to ruin a beautiful BMW that did me nothing wrong except being owned by some insensitive human being. :/

Anyway, I already had my revenge. :D This morning I found his car parked in the same spot mine was yesterday. So, I drove my car and blocked his, left him a note with my number on it. I expected him to call but sounds like he got the message. I came back from work and found a note on my own car saying I'm sorry. Situation resolved... I suppose :cool:

Mad - I hope so...  I applaud your patience!  :thanks:

Its certainly not one of my better qualities!  :whistle:

Thats wonderful Mad.....

I had to catch a flight to Dammam at 4pm in Ramadan and I came rushing out of office at 3 to take my car and there he was, a big 4 wheel drive smack bang behind me sideways. I waited for 15 minutes, called the watchman of the building and he managed to locate him inside a bank somewhere. He had left his mobile number scrawled on a small piece of paper that was left on his dashboard on the far side of the vehicle which I didnt spot in my hurry. When he came he was not apologetic one bit. All he said was "everyone parks this way here". I responded, "would you follow them to Hell, too". He said nothing. Just moived his car. I just made it to the airport catch the flight.

MadMaz wrote:

Wow, that is some support! :thanks:

I did consider leaving his car in the middle of the street, but the way I was gonna do it is different. I wanted to let my own car do the job, giving his doors new sculpture in the process. But I didn't have in me to ruin a beautiful BMW that did me nothing wrong except being owned by some insensitive human being. :/

Anyway, I already had my revenge. :D This morning I found his car parked in the same spot mine was yesterday. So, I drove my car and blocked his, left him a note with my number on it. I expected him to call but sounds like he got the message. I came back from work and found a note on my own car saying I'm sorry. Situation resolved... I suppose :cool:

hahaha this is cool, it seems to be a good solution. have to try this as every single day there is someone parking just behind me when I leave the office! and it drives me nuts.

CAF, you don't seem like an impatient person to me. However, I'm aware that you have lots of qualities that make up for it :top:

MM, I feel you! Thats exactly the problem, something so wrong somehow became the norm. :/

mar8267, you can try that for sure but if it's a different person everytime, gotta think of something different :/ BTW this is the first time I see you here so welcome to the forum. I just read your profile. What's caving? If that's exploring caves then hell yea, I'm interested mate! :D

You know what MadMaz....?

I 'm impressed

:thanks:

It just reminded me a crazy incident in Pakistan few years back...Once a stupid boy blocked my car in the parking and i waited long enough to challenge my patience limit.He was right at the corner and completely ignoring my horns and when i asked him to move his car away,he denied rudely with his body language.I just couldn't believe his gesture and it drove me nuts...and after the exhibition of our middle finger and extensive use of "F" word(Not to mention he is the one who initiated this)He drove away and left me in hysterical condition :mad:..i will cut the long story short...

A very close friend of mine joined me in a while,we somehow found the Dog at the corner of fast food(He was with his gf)  My Friend inquired him about our argument and the moment i told him"Zoi he used the F word"The next moment i realized it was too late,my friend literally jumped on the guy and beat him to the pulp and yes he was bleeding too.I never imagined this situation.The place got so crowded that i could easily count 50 people around and I was screaming and trying to stop my friend but he got Mad and just repeating one sentence "How dare u,How dare u and How dare u"He got uncontrollable but we somehow rescued the idiot and made him run away.........The worst part was when our mutual friend sent 4 boys with guns and they were asking me "where is the bastard?Salman(our friend) has ordered us to finish him" :o....I was like....Whatttttt :o:o:o ?????It was a long drama,if you have read and heard about Karachi(Pakistan)Its not a very unusual incident ... ......
Well in short Parking issues may get really severe sometimes, so Patience is always recommended :rolleyes:

Then there was this Satellite Dish shop on the ground floor of our building where the salesman came up to me and said I cannpt park my vehicle cos it was blocking the view to his shop. I told him this is public` parking and a residential area and he should move into Batha or Kingdom Towers if he wants more public exposure. he said the next time I park he would deflate my tyres. I said, fine, and you can be sure you will have to replace your showroom window, too and reported the matter to the landlord. Alls quiet now. I still park there, FYI and I havent had to call the tyre repair man yet and he has not had the pleasure of replacing his glass, too.

Wow, Nonzie.. that is SOME story!!!!!!!!! 

Remind me not to visit Karachi in the near future (or at least not to drive/park there--or say the 'F' word--or argue with some guy named Salman who has friends with guns-- or -- or -- lol) !!!

:lol::lol::lol:

OOooops.. and I almost forgot to congratulate Maz on how he handled the situation!  Hope it's resolved for good.

Alliecat wrote:

Wow, Nonzie.. that is SOME story!!!!!!!!! 

Remind me not to visit Karachi in the near future (or at least not to drive/park there--or say the 'F' word--or argue with some guy named Salman who has friends with guns-- or -- or -- lol) !!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Agreed! Some story indeed!! Doesn't this mean we shouldn't argue with Nonzie as well Allie? Since she has a freind who has friends with guns? ;)

By the way you reminded me of a thread you posted before about vacation ideas. Guess now Karachi isn't part of your plans :rolleyes: Did you decide where you wanna go?

MM, I don't think the shop owner will actually do what he said he'll do. Empty threats.

This whole thing makes me reflect on how impractical and inefficient living in the city has become. Not only Riyadh but seems that every major city in the world has lots of trouble, congested streets, parking issues, long time needed to get things done, expensive housing... the list goes on. Cities getting more demanding and less livable. Even though I was born in a city and always lived in one, I really consider buying a small piece of land and becoming a farmer :D Then if oil runs out before we find an alternative I won't have to worry about getting to work :whistle:

I'd always thought the perfect solution was living on an almost deserted island.  Imagine:  Palm trees.  Crystal clear warm blue water.  Thatched hut.  Hammock. 

Only thing to do all day is go snorkle and catch fish, crabs, etc. for food .. maybe a small veggie garden...

...and of course, I'd have satellite internet, powered by a nuclear coconut (shades of Gilligan's Island lol).

you sound like Ursula Andress in the first James Bond movie epic, Dr No, on that deserted Caribbean island. Only until 007 came along, though!

Watch the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myoVLMnKw2M

Wow Nonz - that was something for sure!   Pretty scary that things escalated out of control.   

This is a real time event...  Hubby and I are sitting having breakfast at thehotel here in Merrekech.  We had a womderful breakfast with pork bacon and coffee, had some great dialog about the conference (World Economic Forum - Middle East) and then got on our laptops...

So as we are sitting here this elderly couple (thats oler than us! ) come walking up and the lady  makes this snide remark about how sad it is that we are on our computers, that its sad that we have nothing to chat about...  :mad:I wanted to jump up and slap her!   We are about to leave and I may have to say something on my way out...  Pray that I am nice!  :lol::lol::lol:

CAF wrote:

We are about to leave and I may have to say something on my way out...  Pray that I am nice!  :lol::lol::lol:

Tell her you and hubby were having cybersex.. it's always hotter in public ;)

Allie - :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It just amazes me that people can be so rude!  To come up to someone she didnt know and make comments like that!   I did tell her "to enjoy her conversation and to have a nice day!"  Im just way too nice!!! 

Hubby was sitting at the table praying I'd be nice. :lol::lol::lol:   I do have a dark side... :D  Its is not too good when I get going...   :whistle:

My apologizes for the spelling errors in my last note!

No need to apologize.. you were irate!  Doesn't make for good spelling lol

And.. btw.. you might as well face it, you're too nice to be rude :)

I guess...  But I do have VERY EVIL thoughts!  :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alliecat wrote:

Allie, YOU ARE LEGENDARY! :lol::lol::lol:

MadMaz wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

lol.. thanks.. but stop encouraging my cheekiness!!!!

Once parked my car near my office right next to a villa which has been deserted for God knows how long. In the evening, I came back and found the car missing. I was like, "Did I really park it here?" I walked down the street and lo behold my car was right there at the intersection with the next street. All doors completely locked and nothing missing from the car. The only signs being light scrape marks on the front bumper. No notes or any messages written for me. It hasn't happened to anyone else that I know of and it hasn't happened to again even though I have kept parking in the same place.

Must certainly be a genie..... there are many floating around in the Arabian desert, we've been told

MadMaz wrote:

CAF, you don't seem like an impatient person to me. However, I'm aware that you have lots of qualities that make up for it :top:

MM, I feel you! Thats exactly the problem, something so wrong somehow became the norm. :/

mar8267, you can try that for sure but if it's a different person everytime, gotta think of something different :/ BTW this is the first time I see you here so welcome to the forum. I just read your profile. What's caving? If that's exploring caves then hell yea, I'm interested mate! :D

thanks MadMaz. yeap, caving is exploring caves or rather visiting them :-) there are plenty of different caves here in KSA, not big ones but quite interesting. just need to find them :-) I'll let you know once I have my stuff and details with me.

It's more fun to call it 'spelunking' because everybody thinks you're talking about something dirty ;)

Alliecat wrote:
MadMaz wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

lol.. thanks.. but stop encouraging my cheekiness!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No,actually we love to encourage u because what comes out is always way beyond hilarious :P.

Hey everyone keep nagging the girl :lol::lol::lol:

And C'mon it wasn't too bad and if any of u visit Karachi ,I 'm gonna be your body guard :P
Whenever me and my friend(Now is Sweden)sit along we always talk about the incident and give a good laugh on it,he just cant forget his spectacles and cell phone which got damaged during the fight.

One day when i will meet u guys,i would tell u everything with action :D

mar8276 wrote:
MadMaz wrote:

thanks MadMaz. yeap, caving is exploring caves or rather visiting them :-) there are plenty of different caves here in KSA, not big ones but quite interesting. just need to find them :-) I'll let you know once I have my stuff and details with me.

I would defo like to join as well, I have some info but never been there. Probably we should join and arrange a small trip as the weather is nicer now.

Alliecat wrote:

It's more fun to call it 'spelunking' because everybody thinks you're talking about something dirty ;)

but I like this part of caving when you have to crawl in a mud to go further... ;)

slyshooter wrote:
mar8276 wrote:
MadMaz wrote:

I would defo like to join as well, I have some info but never been there. Probably we should join and arrange a small trip as the weather is nicer now.

it sounds like a good plan Sly :) let's wait until weekend then!

I think this thread should merge with the Confessions post!  I have a story, remind me to tell it when we group together next - too embarassed with my reaction and behaviour to tell it publicly :shy but I really was pushed into the place we are not meant to be pushed into and got so very :mad:

I think mar should post about liking to crawl through mud on the confessions thread ;)

:top:

mar8276 wrote:
MadMaz wrote:

That will be great! :top:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

I think this thread should merge with the Confessions post!  I have a story, remind me to tell it when we group together next - too embarassed with my reaction and behaviour to tell it publicly :shy but I really was pushed into the place we are not meant to be pushed into and got so very :mad:

So if these two threads got merged, does that mean Allie and I will be co-authors? :whistle:

MadMaz wrote:

So if these two threads got merged, does that mean Allie and I will be co-authors? :whistle:

Can't think of anybody I'd rather co-author with :shy

LOL

Alliecat wrote:

I think mar should post about liking to crawl through mud on the confessions thread ;)

It would be a dirty post - and I am too shy for this... :gloria

mar8276 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

It would be a dirty post - and I am too shy for this... :gloria

suddenly we're all so shy and angelic, eh?

:laughingdevilface:

Alliecat wrote:
MadMaz wrote:

LOL

This must be my lucky day... gotta invest in some lottery tickets before my luck runs out :D

MadMaz wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
MadMaz wrote:

LOL

This must be my lucky day... gotta invest in some lottery tickets before my luck runs out :D

I am sure the lotteries are forbidden here :cheers:

Ahhannnnnnnnnnnn i love forbidden stuff :P