Administration issues and suggestions for places to see

Hi everyone,

My name is Eugenia, I'm from Greece and I'll be moving to Izmir within the next couple of weeks for my PhD. I have only visited the city once as a tourist, so I'd highly appreciate any piece of advice both on administration issues and on suggestions for places to see and hang around, events organized in the city, etc.

Thank you all in advance :)

Welcome to Istanbul forum Eugenia,

Since you will be residing in Izmir, I believe you will get a chance to see the touristic places, such as The Agora, Konak Pier, the Clock Tower, St Polycarp Church, the Bazaar and the museums..
However If you are looking for a causal activity over the weekends, you can go and explore the city's seaside on a bicycle, or perhaps check Kuru Temezle and Ağaçlandırma Sahası national forests fro camping if it appeals to your nature exploring side. Also, fishing is a great option, along with many choices in sea sports.
Hope this helps.

Regarding the administration issues, if you have a specific question, please feel free to ask.

Enjoy your stay
Z

eugeniap wrote:

Hi everyone,

My name is Eugenia, I'm from Greece and I'll be moving to Izmir within the next couple of weeks for my PhD. I have only visited the city once as a tourist, so I'd highly appreciate any piece of advice both on administration issues and on suggestions for places to see and hang around, events organized in the city, etc.

Thank you all in advance :)

Hello and welcome on board eugeniap  :)

A new thread has been created on the Izmir forum from your post and feedback you had. As already mentioned by our Turkey expert advisor Xeeschan, if you have any precise questions, we will be able to advise you.

Cheers,
Bhavna