Visitors entry requirement in Mauritius

Hi all,
I am planning to have a short term attachment in my company's branch in Mauritius, in 12 weeks (less than 90 days).
I heard that all visitiors need to have some health checks (blood testing, etc.) after enter in Mauritius.
My friend told me that even though she got entry accepted at the airport. One day later, the authority visited her accommodation and asked her to have blood testing.
I found this is a very strict control in Mauritius and it makes me feel uncomfortable with this process.
Pls all help to confirm about this and advise.

This process is only applicable for visitors coming from certain specific countries. It is not a general principle. For instance, in countries where there is a known epidemic or contagious disease (malaria, dengue fever, or similar). Depending on where you come from, you might not be subject to similar treatment.

You also have to bear in mind that we are an island and we need to take every precaution to avoid any epidemic as it can spread like wild fire.  The same measure, if seen from another angle, proves that health and safety is at the heart of preoccupations.

All the best, .... and welcome to Mauritius

Hi Tristan and welcome :)

I have to agree with Nadeem.

We have had quite a few visitors this year (from UK, Ireland, Europe & SA) and all entered the Country for a holiday and no one stopped etc, you fill in a form on the plane, it asks you if you are ill, fever etc

2 days after one of our visitors had arrived in Mauritius, we got a phone call from a Government dept asking us if they were still in good health, we said yes they good and that was it. I think  they must pick 5-10 people out of every 100 maybe just to give a call randomly to check.

I would not worry about it in fact you should be pleased that Mauritius does these checks for all our safety :)

Good luck :)