Long term rental in Bahia

What would be the best way to find a long term rental in Bahia. I want to buy, but first rent for a year.

my recommendation is to first view prices/options on olx.com.ec to get an idea of what is out there, then rent a low end hotel while you talk to landlords in person. Are you looking for cheap or hight end? Bahia proper or nearby? Furnished (50% higher price) or furnish yourself and then move your stuff to your house when you buy it?

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm looking for medium price range rental. I think that is $600 - $900 per month. I'm headed over to olx.com.ec right now.
Best price hotel I saw was Bahia B&B.  Thanks again!

StarsNmoon2 wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm looking for medium price range rental. I think that is $600 - $900 per month. I'm headed over to olx.com.ec right now.
Best price hotel I saw was Bahia B&B.  Thanks again!

From my experience, you should be able to find hotel and private hostal rooms from $10 per night at the low end (wake up to ants in your bed) to $100 at the high end. Usually, a comfortable room can be found for around $25, but you'll most likely have to locate and negotiate the room in person. On line prices tend to be significantly higher for hotels. There is a 0% chance of getting stuck without a room in a town like Bahia if you wait till you arrive in town to find your hotel unless you show up on a major holiday.

You are so appreciated. Thanks for the advise.