Internship in Saudi Arabia for EU-national

Dear All,
I am an undergraduate student of Political Sciences and Economics and I am currently writing my bachelor's thesis about the Saudi Arabian foreign policy and economy. Since I'm very interested in the topic and the country as a whole, i'd like to do an internship related to the field afterwards. Does any fo you know if there would be the possibility for a german citizen (with very little knowledge of Arabic language) to do an internship for about 3 month in a saudi company or an international one operating in KSA or in any institution dealing with economic issues in KSA? Would it be a problem regarding the nitaqat-program or are unpaid interns not part of those calculations? What about the regulations on gender-segregated workspaces? Do they apply on foreign companies or institutions in the same way? My internet research about that was not really successful until now, so I would be glad about any hint. Greetings, Roxana

During my stay here I haven't heard about any foreigner doing an internship, I've only met saudi guys, and I think visas system here is not flexible with such an arrangement, I wish I'm wrong.
As far as I'm concerned, the regulations are applied on all companies, but companies themselves choose to what extent they apply gender segregation.
BTW, there are a lot of expat here, and it doesn't matter how modest is your Arabic.

Only possibility I can see if your university has a collaboration with local university here. Some of the universities to check with

King Abulaziz University
Dar Al Hekma
Effat University
King Saud University
And some

hamudi wrote:

Only possibility I can see if your university has a collaboration with local university here. Some of the universities to check with

King Abulaziz University
Dar Al Hekma
Effat University
King Saud University
And some

also KAUST

alpha.one wrote:
hamudi wrote:

King Abulaziz University
Dar Al Hekma
Effat University
King Saud University
And some

also KAUST

Yea but KAUST is masters only. OP is doing bachelors.

Thank you guys for your replys.  Unfourtunately my uni doesnt have any cooperations with Saudi ones, so it would have to be a company..