MCB's website is down

Anyone can see MCB's website ? It looks down :/

How can this happen to a bank ?

All due to new online banking arrangements which are not half as good as the previous version. And today almost impossible so far to access my account and telephoning the relevant dept at MCB is useless as they do not answer but recorded message saying all their personnel are busy but you are free to email them!!!!

Hosting probs? It takes sometime to load but so far, I have been able to access it lately.

I guess something is wrong, it still doesn't work.

Did they make tests before uploading the new version ? (that's incredible!)

Something is definitely wrong ! The internet banking link is redirecting to this page : mcb.mu/page404.htm

Hi Guys,
I was @ MCB just a few minutes back. They have a new version being rolled in for online banking and a new software overall. Hence the access is not possible ,and issues with integration.
They are saying it should be up by tomorrow hopefully.

Cheers
Musheer

Hi Guys

Yeah they've changed their online banking system and this has caused lots of disturbances, lots of things not working well since friday, apparently the system will be back on tomorrow.

Let's hope

zeina

Apparently its back up now, but it's too busy...

"Internet Banking Access
You may have difficulties accessing MCB Internet Banking. This is because an abnormally high number of customers from all over the world are trying to connect at the same time.
We recommend that you try to log in at less busy periods.
We regret any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding and patience."

How many people around the world are trying to connect and where did this sudden rush come from?

3 days and counting...

situation wun get better till next week it seems

DodoDave wrote:

How many people around the world are trying to connect and where did this sudden rush come from?

:rolleyes:

MCB site is now asking re registration of your details and then its saying you will get a call from the bank and then you have to go to bank to sign some documents.. it sucks....

once the ATM ate my Debit card.. without knowing that they have sent me another one at my previous address...

i dont understand every day they have somthing or the other new thing happening...

MCB behaving like Mauritius Creepy Bank hahhahahha just kidding

cheers
vishal

I have at last successfully gained access to my account via Internet banking-The bank have not said anything to me regarding the need to re-register or sign any forms!!!! The new format is however far from user friendly and although the Bank assured me that transactions would be identifiable  eg CEB/Mauritius Telecom this is not yet the case. One can only hope that eventually this will be rectified but I am not holding my breath!!!!

I'm able to access as well. The new sign in URL is:

https://www.mcb.mu/ib/ENULogin.jsp

Its very slow and I don't see much that qualifies as an improvement...

Its up and running more or less. I did a transaction and it went through without any glitches. Some things still aren't updating. eg., you can look at account transaction history only from the 16th of OCtboer, and not for a date before it. On calling the customer care, they said will be made right by Monday.

i share same views as DodoDave - can't experience much improvements there, tricky to get around and figure out the meaning of the sections + desperate need of a glossary (terms like internal / domestic payment, value date, public/private,...) + you had beneficiairies, well they are gone! + standing orders listing??? + and, still looking for new features. Feel like it's just a skin renewal. Would expect better from MCB.
I've read an article in lexpress during the week and guess what, the new banking system costs them near to Rs2Bn. Shareholders can only be happy!!!!

and, what did that mean: "We recommend that you try to log in at less busy periods." how do clients know what's the ideal time to login and, i think MCB used to use ANYTIME, ANYWHERE as tag line!!!

i'm puzzled. but, hope they gonna get back on their feet soon.

jessie2010 wrote:

i'm puzzled. but, hope they gonna get back on their feet soon.

So do I ... I can't imagine how many transactions weren't processed last week because of this !

I've tried my IB and so far the only thing I was required to change was my password.For the rest, it seemed to work fine!

They're having problems with their new internet banking...

Here's an e-mail I got from them:

In reference to your email concerning access to your Internet Banking (IB), we are very sorry about the disruptions you have experienced on the service since last week and for the inconvenience caused. Our staff has been sparing no effort to address this problem and quality of access to our new IB platform is expected to improve gradually over the next hours and days. We will depend upon your patience for just a little longer so that we can ensure the new IB platform progressively supports additional capacity alongside the additional features that we are sure you will appreciate.

We suggest that you try accessing IB later. Should you still experience difficulties accessing the service or require assistance, please call our dedicated Internet Banking Hotline on +230 204 7300 – lines are open from 08:00 to 22:00 hrs. everyday.

With our reiterated regrets and our kind regards

Bruce Bérard

Customer Service Agent

Customer Contact Centre

the previous system was much better and more stable.... what a shame :(

As long as it does the job, we have to adpat to the new one.

Change is never easy!

15 months here and my motto has become 'this is Mauritius' - you just take things in your stride. I prefer that to the 300mph lifestyle get it done yesterday stress of UK life...

11 years plus here and couldn't agree more though it can get frustrating at times..................

It is very frustrating... what's that motto again  "Maurice, un plaisir", translate to It's a pleasure being here!

The thousands if nor millions spent on that campaign as well -never see a poster these days and as for the phrase -have never heard it again.Maybe it contravened the trade description Act-but there again is there one here ??????

it is "maurice unplaisir" for moi at-least :D

had to do a transfer online, went through finally with a few glitches!! had to use their phone banking officer's help though!!

Hi Guys

(1) When changing website, the new site is uploaded after testing and then it is switch from old system to new system in less than 1 hour (usually done during the night)

(2)  If there is a change specially for banks, they communicate this to the users earlier

This has not been the case for the MCB.  Even after the incident, nothing is being reported (right causes, time frame when it will be back online, etc).

This bring me to the conclusion that MCB website has been compromised and/or MCB IT staff cannot corp with this incident. 

I think that this is somehow good because this incident will encorage them to review this system again and maybe we will get a better working solution in the near future.

Wonder if it is still the Banking Software system from that outfit HQ'ed in Geneva :whistle:
Another X  for the company  after the fiasco of 2003

Broken again last week and it still looks impossible to make online transfers ... I sent one on the 22nd (we are the 25th) and it hasn't been validated. Made 5 more tranfers yesterday and nothing happened !

I'll just add that it's impossible to contact their "Fidelis" service

After I e-mailed 'Fidelis' someone called me on the phone a few days later to talk through my website problem. I've had my password reset and got one of my two new passwords sent to me in the post. The other is 'coming' - not good for those of us who have to transfer things overseas etc! Amazed someone actually called me though... must have sounded very surprised on the phone...

ok, I've got it. After "initiating" a transcation with your security code, you have to "validate" it, with your security code.

A user manual would be welcome !

They still have problems. I had to request a reset for my password which will take two weeks to come because mine is not longer working!Waited for an hour before I got meet a CS!

Hello banking!!

At least in this country you meet someone face to face - you can longer do that in the UK...

Oh well...as long as the job gets done :)

This is Mauritius, it will get done - EVENTUALLY!!

Yes EVENTUALLY!In the meantime I have to queue up for an hour for a transaction!