Planing to longterm rent house on Gozo whit 2 very small dogs

Hi hope some one can help whit info about bringing dogs to the Iland. Gozo
I have been looklng all over and found a lot info that its not easy to find a Landlord that allows dogs ?
And its best to go there and talk private ?
Thanks in advance
Marianne

Definitly.

Depends on the dogs, the landlord and the private talk.

Just don't bring any more dogs to Sliema ! There are too many here already. You can't walk anywhere without stepping on dogshit - even on the rocks. Disgusting ...... and foreigners seem to have the largest dogs ! I guess a large dog leaves a large heap .

Cheers
Ricky

Hi thanks for answer but you seem not to have read the subject ^^ I have two very small dogs actually Malteser/toypuddelmix name is Maltipoo for the race :)
I can fully undestand its very disgusting to walk around in dog sh..t and never undestood ppl who just let it be on the ground.
So no worry im a responseble dogowner

Marianne

Missdina wrote:

Hi hope some one can help whit info about bringing dogs to the Iland. Gozo
I have been looklng all over and found a lot info that its not easy to find a Landlord that allows dogs ?
And its best to go there and talk private ?
Thanks in advance
Marianne

We have rented two properties through Frank Salt in Victoria,Gozo, both have been after direct talks with landlords which gives you the chance to ask the question directly. Whilst we don't have one, both were prepared to accept dogs and the first property is currently let to a dog owner.
Sometimes, I think, agents will say no because they haven't asked the questions!

Ray

i tend to find most agents dont ask the awkward questions and thats the main reason for many of the problems with renting today

Hi that sounds really good and thanks for responding :)

Yes I sent an e-mail to an Agent but never got answer back but now i know its possible  :top:

Just seen this in Gozo SPCA newsletter, may be worth an email.

'Lunz Properties Gozo
Pet friendly farmhouses (3/4/5 bedrooms) and flats(1/2/3 bedrooms available in Gozo, for both short and long lets. Commission to Gozo SPCA on any booking mentioning RUBS puppy love or Gozo SPCA.

[email protected]

Ray

Thanks for the information  :)

We used Remax and Frank Salt to look for properties and there seemed to be plenty of landlords willing to take a small dog. In the end we went through Remax and our dog was written into the contract by name! The key is to make it clear that your dogs are well behaved and non-threatening (well, as long as they are). It may help to include details of the breeds with any enquiries too. Despite what what some people have experienced I've nothing but good things to say about the agents I've met in Gozo; so long as you remember they're not your friend and ask the right questions you'll be fine - good luck :)

Hi that sounds really good and thanks a lot for the info  👍