Im serious..pancakes

are there any places that serve proper pancakes in sp or proper american style food?

no there are not. No one cares for pancakes. at all. so you must make them at home!!

Hi Rob,

The closet American Style breakfast/brunch is PJ Clarkes on Rua Dr. Mario Ferraz, 568-Itaim Bibi, an infamous restaurant in New York City, and now there is one in Sao Paulo. Take a look at pjclarkes.com.br.

I had pancakes and waffles for brunch last week and it was quite enjoyable!

thanks man......i know the place in NYC..
this might save me...

they should care goddamit..this is pancakes im talking about..

Rob, it sounds like you are still in your "adjusting period".  Don't worry you will get over it!  Now try to find peanut butter...:)

Cheers,

- Tim

(Moderated: Offensive statement)

i think every man..no matter what his station in life or money or whether a good man or bad one, etc. should have the right to b served breakfast at any hour of the day....
this is the hallmark of a any civilized nation..

Rob, please try to calm down. We know it is very difficult for you to adapt to an entirely different life, as this is an expat group we obviously all have done it and are still going through it. But insulting a culture, insulting a nation in general is not the way to go about it, particularly since the people here at this group are those who are trying to assimilate into the Brazilian culture, so insulting it does not get you any brownie points here. It is quite embarrassing to us as you are one of our countrymen. Americans and foreigners in general don't have the best reputation in Brazil; we are viewed as ignorant, arrogant, self absorbed and intolerant. We as immigrants and expats are trying to alter that view, so when you plaster words all over this forum screaming for pancakes, baseball and all things American, or rather anything that is not Brazilian, it makes you sound extremely ignorant and is not helping us put the American immage forward. You are here in this country, YOU are the guest. You are being allowed to enter this culture, this society and therefore you must adapt to it. If you cannot adapt, if you cannot accept that life is different here or anywhere other than the US, then there is no place on this Earth aside from the US for you to live. To be an immigrant, to be an expat means you have to respect and be willing to take on the culture and way of life that the people living in your new country have. You are going to be misserable and lonely if you don't. So one more time, please stop insulting a nation because it doesn't embrace US culture, and even if it's all in joke and fun, statements like "hallmark of a civilized nation" or "this is not the paradise i saw in pamphlet" hurt the American image, hurt our image here at the Expat.com group and the number one--hurt Brazilians whose culture you are insulting. So please, if you want our help, ask and take it. But bashing our adopted country is not going to help you and it certainly is not going to get you any new friends here or anywhere in the country.

jesus..some people are very sensitive..

the 'brochure' thing wasnt about brasil...it was an inside joke btw me and mcfly..
civilized nation thing wasnt an insult either...it was from a movie..also btw me and mcfly...

i apologize for any offense...

I think it has been well post by malloryelise, also as Brazilian I accept the apologize.

Unfortunately will be many place here that you may miss, but the good news you are in SP, which means you is there a place where you can find some of the American way, this place is definitely Sao Paulo, besides all, we also accept your apologize.

Welcome to the city
Wags

uscs302 wrote:

jesus..some people are very sensitive..

the 'brochure' thing wasnt about brasil...it was an inside joke btw me and mcfly..
civilized nation thing wasnt an insult either...it was from a movie..also btw me and mcfly...

i apologize for any offense...

Thanks a lot Malorie,
I was only in Rio for 10 days doing some sightseeing and enjoying the company there. I found everything I wanted to eat delicious except maybe the texture of the pizza, but like someone else said, I can make it at home if I want to. I also learned how to estimate the weight of my lunch plate as I was constantly buying more food than I could afford when it got to the scale, but I never asked to put anyhting back. i was on a budget and stayed at a hostel where breakfast was really early lunch, which was ok for me and helped cut down to two meals a day.
I hope to return someday in the near future to become a retired expat in Rio and I hope I can be a "good" North American in their eyes.

(Moderated: Offensive statement)

uscs302, don't apologise, talk in the same phrase, civilization and american food (pancakes), everyone should understand it's a joke......

hihihihi

signed:

an burger-king addict!