Registration takes too long, schools are closed, advice needed

I just arrived in Bruxelles (1st of July), I have tried to register to Evere commune but I have an appoitment in august (first one possible for foriegners). I have 2 kids that I should register to shool but all schools are closed and some open in 1 of September, only few in august but do not have any places. The kids have an appoitment at the commune on 24th of august (they need to be present to be registered). At this point I am afraid I will not make it to register them before the begining of the school year.
In addition, I work fulltime and have no vacation this year, so the kids cannot join Belgium unless I can put them in school/daycare the day they arrive (if not registered to the commune I cannot register them to stages). Kids are 5 and 7 years old  and are in Romania with their father (that will not join for the moment).
The worker from the commune said they have nothing to do with schools and cannot advise me.
Any advice would be apreciate since I am a bit depressed with things not working so far.

The commune employee is correct. Registration with commune is entirely separate to enrolments for schools which even children illegally in Belgium have an entitlement to from the age of 6.
All you need is to prove their identity and knock on doors, phone, email.
But you will need to wait until the head or secretary is back in school, earliest mid June.
Look outside Evere, not a good choice to live without a school place. Overpopulated.