How to Purchase agriculture property as a foreigner?

I'm not fond of living in a city, aka people living too close to me, so I was wondering how much trouble it might be trying to find land that I could grow some food on, both for profit (local produce stand) and self-sufficiency.  How much trouble does a foreigner have to go through to buy land to live on permanently? And how difficult is it to ship household goods and vehicles to Peru?

Thanks

Hello, right now I am selling 1,200 mt2 in Cieneguilla which is 45 minutes from Lima.  The area is great, if you want more info about this lot let me know,
Regards,
CECILIA UGAZ

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum.

Hello :)~

Whether you are hunting for or proposing land,housing for either rent or sale, please refer to the appropriate section of the site :

>Housing in Peru.

Regards
Kenjee

First thing to probably do would be to choose a location, do you want to be along the cost, in the mountains or the jungle. We live in a small town about 45 minutes outside of Cusco and our area is almost exclusively agricultural. If you would like to see some pictures you can check out my blog - agringoslifeincusco.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/huarocondo-our-little-corner-of-cusco/

As to the difficulty in purchasing property, I am not sure as my wife is Peruvian, but I would imagine that you would need to be a resident, or maybe have to purchase a large piece, hopefully someone with more info on purchasing will chime in. I do know that at the bottom of our valley there is a large parcel that is owned by a Chilean company so outside ownership would appear possible.

Shipping household goods is not all that difficult, we had some friends that moved to Lima and shipped most of their stuff, basically a container full, and the only difficult part was they had to pay an import tax on a lot of what they brought. When my wife and I moved we basically just brought small items that could be put into suitcases and sold all of our big things.