Pet friendly rental

Hello we are moving to Malta on Sept 7th and are looking for at least a two bedroom accommodation (must be one double, one twin) for me, my husband and two children. We are looking for somewhere in Sliema preferably and pet friendly for our very well trained golden lab. We would like to rent for 6 months so please let me know if you can help.

Your best bet is to be here to get property - although in September it will still be mainly short lets so having a pet in sliema may cause you to be rejected from a few places - your best to speak directly to landlords and negotiate with them .

Their are pet friendly rentals but letting agents will blanket tell you their isn't many at all

i would say pet will cause a bit more then few rejections
i was refused a few times just cause I have kids LOL

and I agree with Rob - you must be here to search for place, you can try to do a research on Maltapark, do see what can you get directly from owners

We are in the same boat. We need a two bedroom, preferably for a year, and it's possible that our cat will join us later in the year. We arrive 26 August. Thank you for offering a source for private rentals. I have been reading the forum posts where people suggest going private vs. via an agent, but this is the first time I've seen a place to connect with private parties. If there are others you can suggest, it would be greatly appreciated!

The main sources of private rentals are the Maltapark website, the Sunday Times (Malta one!) adverts and Facebook! Plus walking the streets looking for ads and word of mouth.

Sliema is not the best place for pet friendly accommodation, especially if you are going to agents, as Rob said they will just say there aren't any. Basically they want to let 1/2 bed apartments to 1/2 people. Kids, dogs, house, 3+ beds.... nope, they have to work for those ;-)

As a dog owner I wouldn't choose to live in Sliema or St Julians, there is NO open space suitable for dogs. Unless you are happy with only pavement walks in busy areas. In some parts of Sliema apparently you can't even take them on the rocks by the sea.

Agents will always steer new expats to Sliema & St Julians, but there is plenty more to the island, so may be worth considering other options.