Visa - Help needed please!

Hi

I am due to fly to Bahrain on 13th August to start work on 23rd. I have been asked by my new employer in Bahrain to apply for a visit visa, which they will then convert to work visa. I have just looked at the e-visa site - it says I need a return ticket (which I obviously don't have - I bought the ticket and my employer is refunding me the money when I start working) to apply online. Do I have to apply in the UK (I am UK national living in UK) or can I do it when I arrive? Also, what does the process involve - do I have to have medical (if so do I have to have this done in UK or can I have it done in Bahrain - what does the medical involve?)
I have tried ringing Bahrain embassy in London, but no-one's answering and contacting the school takes forever for them to reply and even then they forget to answer everything I ask!

Thanks in anticipation!

regarding the return ticket , you must have a return ticket when you arrving on visit visa

OK - thanks! Wish my employer had told me this beforehand!

Hi Jennie,
                When you come to Bahrain you will need to fill out a landing card, on this you need to put the incoming flight and return flight number. If you do not have a return flight just put the return flight number and departure date anyway. They do not check this at immigration. You can get a 3 month visit visa if your British at the counter for 20BD but ensure that it is cancelled (or you leave the country) as there are expensive charges if you overstay on the visit visa. Don't get the visa via the website.

Thanks!

Jennie,

When I came out here to join my husband it was Heathrow checkin which was most worried.  He was wanting proof that I could stay in Bahrain (I showed him a scan of my husband's Saudi iqama), then he asked if I could afford a return ticket before he would check me in!

Here I completed the landing card (I also picked up a couple of spares which live in my travel bag now) with the return flight details in just under the 90 days that a UK passport gets as a Visit visa.  They didn't ask for any proof!

We have just come in again from a trip to Dubai got another 90 day visit visa and haven't been asked for proof of departure ticket.

I would recommend that you have a folder of travel paperwork which includes the offer paperwork etc from the school to show to check in if they ask you why you don't have a return ticket!

Hope this helps.

S

I have LOTS of bits of paper! :)