Bahraini cuisine

Hi,

When living abroad, tasting the local cuisine is part of discovering the country.

What is your favorite food in Bahrain?

What is the local speciality?

Share with us the local tastes of Bahrain and why not your best recipe.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Hi,

Qoozi : grilled lamb served with rice, cooked onions, eggs, spices and mixed nuts.

There are quiet a few since Bahrain has taken inspiration from many mid east countries, but few noted ones are Qoozi, Machboos & Muhammar (rice dishes), halwa (sweet) and Gahwa (traditional coffee)

T&R

Kingdom of Bahrain is famous for variety of dishes , specially Non-veg . Even Veg lovers can find tasty dishes.

Local food cant be complete without Kabab / Shorma / hummus/ Turkish Grills.  The traditional flat-bread is called Khubz ( Kaboos )

Rice(Machboos), lamb and mezze (hummus, chopped salads and other appetizers ) is not to your taste, then try the locally caught prawns and lobster.

Share with us the local tastes of Bahrain and why not your best recipe.
- Try food from local shops for actual taste

Hello,

Indeed it is a good idea to explore and taste local cuisine of a country where you live in.

Middle east, since known is very much famous for their love to following things;
meat (lamb), clay oven baked breads, palm dates and tea / coffee. Rice dishes are also their specialty. Rest whatever is seen are the fusion of different Mediterranean culture.

My favourite in rice is Mandi and Goozi. Also I love Mix grill lamb chops n tikka, beef kebabs & chicken (sheesh tauq) and mix mezza (appetizer).

You may try local traditional food at Saffron restaurant, located near Bab AL Bahrain, inside the mall. If you need to know more place in this regard, so feel free to ask :)

Thanks for reading

harees

Love it all ....I just love food and eating lol
Emmawash - recommend for a good Bahraini feed, esp breakfast

Maybe it's nice to share some pictures of the dishes you all mentioned. Just use Google. ..