10:10hrs on 10/10/10 - what does it all mean and what will you be doin

OK, just thought to put this one out there - I have been trying to obtain some useful information about this date but I am struggling a bit!  Well, what does it mean for you and to you?  This may prompt some discussion:  http://www.timeanddate.com/date/10-10-10.html

Absolute hocus pocus

And there again it may not!

What I do almost everyday here.  Wake up, go to work, come home and eat, watch some TV and go to sleep.  I'll be sleeping at 10:10 as usual (except maybe Monday).

ummm, the numbers look pretty neet all lined up an everything. lets talk about it the day after :lol:

Salman

There's the 10:10 initiative to lower your carbon emission by 10%.

That's the biggest thing that I know of in my nerdy life. It'll be impossible to cut down even more but I will do my part in trying.

http://www.1010global.org/

It's only me doing it in the office cause I work with a bunch of people who don't even know what global warming is. They think I'm being cheap when I reuse paper for drafting.

If 10s had any significance at all, something would have happened on 10/10/1010 rather than 2010. Therefore I can only say that it's just an ordinary fraction of time/date like any other. Except that we humans have something for numbers and we like to imagine they have some kind of super powers.

Thats my take on it. I like the carbon initiative though. At least it's something practical...

The common sense understanding of such mumbo jumbo based on the numerical values of the Gregorian Calendar, dates, weeks, months and years is that it absolutely is hocus pocus.

The basic premise that the Gregorian Calendar was invented by Pope Gregory and had to undergo many changes in the number of dates in a month/year through its lifespan simply tells us that there is NO magical mystery in its numbers. Its a man-made fallible system of counting time.

How can such a silly little thing have any significance on life on earth just cos some numbers line up in some form of symmetry or pattern?

IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I'll be in bed asleep cos i resigned my job for a saudi employer who couldnt be arsed arranging my visa.

nice one.

Saq-81 wrote:

I'll be in bed asleep cos i resigned my job for a saudi employer who couldnt be arsed arranging my visa.

nice one.

Now that's really crap - sorry to hear it.  Hope something else comes through quickly for you.

Well, I have no idea of the significance of the date.  For me, I am going on a trip to a Date Market - so I will probably be buying 10 dates at the 10th stall for 10 SR at 10:00hrs (and as my friend added, hopefully only sweating 10 beads of sweat in that heat)! 

I also like the 10:10 initiative - good on ya beezer :top:

This guy has it LOCKED DOWN.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le … e-11507505

Born at 10:10, on Oct. 10th.
Today is gonna be awesome for him. And it'll never happen again :p

Well, I had a date today! (at the Date Market silly, what were you thinking).  A brilliant morning away from compound and thoroughly enjoyed it. :top:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Well, I had a date today! (at the Date Market silly, what were you thinking).  A brilliant morning away from compound and thoroughly enjoyed it. :top:

actually i believe in numerical and luck , and  i wanna do sumthin special in this day so what ur suggestion! and why u pick a date to eat !

You guys are all on TENterhooks?

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:

nice one.

Now that's really crap - sorry to hear it.  Hope something else comes through quickly for you.

Cheers gowiththeflowUK - I appreciate the TENtiment.

At 10.10 and 10 seconds on the 10th of the 10th month 2010. I was asleep. I didn't get to bed until 3am. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Saq-81 does that mean that you will not be joining our merry band of misfits? :(:(:(

Its simply mind boggling to see how many people are hooked on to these absolutely ridiculous theories based on number patters based on calendar? Is the world suffering a complete brain drain here?

Saq-81 wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:

nice one.

:D LOL - Excellent quip!

Could it be that the Roman interpretation of the decimal ten would therefore imply that yesterday was XXX?

Now that is a definite cause for some probing, I think?

Saq-81 wrote:

I can't decide whether to groan or laugh :lol:
I hope things work out for you Saq-81, we will miss your humour in Riyadh!

Saq, does it mean you aint coming to Riyadh, after all?

musicman wrote:

Could it be that the Roman interpretation of the decimal ten would therefore imply that yesterday was XXX?

Aha mm - it's gone from 'Absolute hocus pocus' to intrigue!  share your theory....

Today
you guys are saying that 10-10-10 is a very special day ??? after 9
days you guys will say that 20-10-2010 is a very special day :P . THIS IS FUNNY :lol::lol::lol:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
musicman wrote:

Aha mm - it's gone from 'Absolute hocus pocus' to intrigue!  share your theory....

Does Nostradamus have a prediction for this date or have all his predictions expired?

10:10 10/10/10 - Spent wandering around IKEA buying rubbish, I need a job!! :)

Now thats wat I call being rather TENtative, zara

musicman wrote:

Now thats wat I call being rather TENtative, zara

Perhaps I should practice being more TENacious in my pursuit of employment ?!

zara777 wrote -
10:10 10/10/10 - Spent wandering around IKEA buying rubbish, I need a job!!

The only thing that I bought in IKEA was a garlic crusher. It's brilliant. :lol::lol::lol:

jillndave wrote:

zara777 wrote -
10:10 10/10/10 - Spent wandering around IKEA buying rubbish, I need a job!!

The only thing that I bought in IKEA was a garlic crusher. It's brilliant. :lol::lol::lol:

I bought a potato ricer, I'll let you know once I've used it :D

zara777 wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:

I can't decide whether to groan or laugh :lol:
I hope things work out for you Saq-81, we will miss your humour in Riyadh!

At times, a cross between the two is most appropriate.

i suggest you draw a graph :)

musicman wrote:

Saq, does it mean you aint coming to Riyadh, after all?

fear not - I should be there as soon as visa issues are sorted. The mailman has already landed there already. From his facebook status it seemed that arriving was quite an ordeal! ahah!

dont know the full story but look forward to heeding his warnings

nonz wrote:

Today
you guys are saying that 10-10-10 is a very special day ??? after 9
days you guys will say that 20-10-2010 is a very special day :P . THIS IS FUNNY :lol::lol::lol:

it is special day! i'll be 29!

happy bday young man.
any idea where mailman is located?

Ive no idea - His employer puts him up for a month to give him a chance to find some digs.

and save the greeting for 20/10/2010!

OK, have PMd him and am trying to organize CivEngr to take him along for tonites gig at the DQ. Lets hope they both make it and meet the clan?

musicman wrote:

OK, have PMd him and am trying to organize CivEngr to take him along for tonites gig at the DQ. Lets hope they both make it and meet the clan?

im having visions of the film deliverance haha!

u gotta wait for the 666 beast to come