Traffic Fine by Saudi Car plate in UAE.

Dear Fellow expats ,

Does any one has experience of getting traffic ticket in UAE , driving Saudi Car plate for example a speed radar ; was that fine recovered by Saudi traffic department or by UAE authorities at the border ?

Also did you install SALIK tag , I read in Gulfnews that it is must to have SALIK tag but to me it does'nt makes sense paying toll in a country you are not living and you are just a tourist with other country car plate.

Thanks !

As far as I know KSA cars aren't tracked in their system. So I guess they might be getting un-noticed !!

ali.hamza2099 wrote:

Dear Fellow expats ,

Does any one has experience of getting traffic ticket in UAE , driving Saudi Car plate for example a speed radar ; was that fine recovered by Saudi traffic department or by UAE authorities at the border ?

Also did you install SALIK tag , I read in Gulfnews that it is must to have SALIK tag but to me it does'nt makes sense paying toll in a country you are not living and you are just a tourist with other country car plate.

Thanks !

Yes, you do get fined and it's messy.

As for Salik, regardless of tourist or not, you have to get it, and in addition you need to buy insurance at the border.

and lol at your ignorance of paying of Salik just because you don't live in UAE  :lol:

that will be fun as they are too mean with traffic fines!

if money is no issue speed up and pay the fine :D

Money is not an issue but I prefer to live , i am still young :)

ali.hamza2099 wrote:

Money is not an issue but I prefer to live , i am still young :)

Good...live your life...

i ahve been driving  saudi car  in UAE for years now.  i never got any fines. alhamdulilah :P so, lets come to the point. basically except Oman all other GCC motorists are free of fines. but, they are recorded in specific province. (if you flash saher in abudhabi, its recorded in abudhabi police. same goes for dubai). so, if you are caught for some traffic violations such as hitting or pulled over by police. They may fine you. That's totally depending on them. if you go wrong with the police. Then you are screwed probably. and if you nice with them ;') .

mfmn wrote:

i ahve been driving  saudi car  in UAE for years now.  i never got any fines. alhamdulilah :P so, lets come to the point. basically except Oman all other GCC motorists are free of fines. but, they are recorded in specific province. (if you flash saher in abudhabi, its recorded in abudhabi police. same goes for dubai). so, if you are caught for some traffic violations such as hitting or pulled over by police. They may fine you. That's totally depending on them. if you go wrong with the police. Then you are screwed probably. and if you nice with them ;') .

@mfmn : the last thread in this was in 2015, you might want to look into more recent threads with activity and reply to that.