Any trustworthy island-wide realtors or realty firms?

Would like to hear from those who have bought and closed on homes or condos with respect to the trustworthiness of the realtor.  Any recommendations for SJ/Guaynabo or west side (Aguadilla/Rincon) area?

Thanks

island west realty, rincon

We actually met with several realtors when looking for a place in the Rincon area.  We did meet with someone from Island West.  He took the time to drive us around to several places, but it seemed like he was trying to sell us something he thought we "should" buy rather than what we were telling him we were looking for...However, in PR, realtors work for the seller, not the buyer, so I suppose that is to be expected.

We ended up buying a property through Josue at JM Realty.  He is very honest, answered all out questions, and even ended up signing our closing docs through power of attorney.  I wouldn't recommend that, by the way, unless you really trust the person signing for you.  Although it occasionally takes a few days to get a response, he has been very good at getting our paperwork back to us here in the states.  I highly recommend him:) www.realestateinrincon.com

Before our scouting trip, we searched Zillow and Classificados online for properties.  From there, we visited several realtors websites and took a look at their offerings.  A few we contacted also sent us some listings based on our criteria.  If you do as much research ahead of time as possible, your scouting will go much more smoothly.  Good luck !

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to respond.  Yes, that's right: research is the key, but it already looks to me like the leeward side is cashing in on its reputation (i.e., as not San Juan) and prices are high.  As a non-driver, Aguadilla would be more accessible to more services, maybe lower prices, but begin closer to Mayaguez would also have its benefits, as, for example, proximity to better healthcare/docs.

DM

if you go to island west use Susan Cravey, the owner versus any of the underlings. she's very good and has decades of experience.