Guayaquil

Can someone one tell me about Guayaquil, whats the safest place there?
Jobs?
Prices?
Rental for one or two persons there?

Sickly_thoughts wrote:

Jobs?
Prices?

Guayaquil is Ecuador's largest port and largest city.

The safest place there is the suburban area known as Sambo.

But forget jobs, prices, rentals ... you don't want to live in GYE.

It's hot, humid, the most dangerous of Ecuador's large cities.  During a recent year, there were an average of 50 express kidnappings there per month, far more than in any other place in EC.

And Guayaquil is not even on the ocean, which is 90 minutes away by ground transport.

Expats avoid that city for the reasons stated above. 

You're better off in the highlands or at the Pacific Coast.

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:
Sickly_thoughts wrote:

Jobs?
Prices?

Guayaquil is Ecuador's largest port and largest city.

The safest place there is the suburban area known as Sambo.

But forget jobs, prices, rentals ... you don't want to live in GYE.

It's hot, humid, the most dangerous of Ecuador's large cities.  During a recent year, there were an average of 50 express kidnappings there per month, far more than in any other place in EC.

And Guayaquil is not even on the ocean, which is 90 minutes away by ground transport.

Expats avoid that city for the reasons stated above. 

You're better off in the highlands or at the Pacific Coast.

cccmedia in Quito

So you mean I better stay in Quito then? Or could you tell me a coastal place that's cheap and have jobs, rentals, and safe and good living?

Sickly_thoughts wrote:

So you mean I better stay in Quito then? Or could you tell me a coastal place that's cheap and have jobs, rentals, and safe and good living?

Choose Quito over Guayaquil, sure, but I'm not specifically telling you to stay in Quito.

Coastal place that is cheap with rentals...check out the budget-friendly touristy Salinas, where high season typically is December to May.

Jobs?  Ecuador's looking for Expats who are investors and pensioners ... retirees, not job seekers.  So, no promises there.  How's your español?

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:
Sickly_thoughts wrote:

Choose Quito over Guayaquil, sure, but I'm not specifically telling you to stay in Quito.

Coastal place that is cheap with rentals...check out the budget-friendly touristy Salinas, where high season typically is December to May.

Jobs?  Ecuador's looking for Expats who are investors and pensioners ... retirees, not job seekers.  So, no promises there.  How's your español?

cccmedia in Quito

I don't have any Spanish language experience but I'm willing to pay and learn, and Salinas? How cheap?

Good 'n cheap from now till November as it is off-season.  Check hotel rates at booking.com ...

Not as easy to check long-term market-rate rentals online.  Better in person.  I would think that a 2BR off-malecon unfurnished flat could go for under $275, or pay half that with a roommate.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you man always helping me out in things really appreciate it