No iqama yet

my husband's temporary iqama will be expired in the next four days. His employer is just telling him to wait. we are now very worried because we know that it is not right to stay with expire iqama and is punishable by law. please help us what to do. the employer is not telling him anything. He always follow up and until now he is given the same answer. please help us what to do.

Hi!

Actually this is a regular situation a lot of people facing here in Saudi Arabia!

I think it's better to submit a letter to the sponsor telling hem that by the date of ... / ... / ..... my iqama shall be expired and that will led me to be has illegal residence in Saudi Arabia, so please ask whom is in charge to finish the steps required to receive my updated iqama.

You should also ask about the company status with labor office, since it may be in Red zone which means that the sponsor will never be able to update the iqmam and hence your husband shall have the opportunity to transfer his sponsorship immediately.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

25january wrote:

Hi!

Actually this is a regular situation a lot of people facing here in Saudi Arabia!

I think it's better to submit a letter to the sponsor telling hem that by the date of ... / ... / ..... my iqama shall be expired and that will led me to be has illegal residence in Saudi Arabia, so please ask whom is in charge to finish the steps required to receive my updated iqama.

You should also ask about the company status with labor office, since it may be in Red zone which means that the sponsor will never be able to update the iqmam and hence your husband shall have the opportunity to transfer his sponsorship immediately.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

thank you very much for your reply Mr. Ahmed.

my husband already wrote a letter to his employer stating that his temporary iqama will expire soon and if it's really difficult for the employer to renew his iqama, they might consider to let him go home by providing him a final exit visa and just give him his remaining salary. Yet no reply from the employer. he is currently in dammam and he don't know where to go.

weeks ago, he was even told not to worry even if his iqama is expired because he's not going out. but we don't like it this way. the HR always tell him to wait but he's running out of time. even their personnel office cannot give him specific answers.

You can check status of his iqama and status of your sponsor in MoL website