Schools- details about primary schools in the state of Sao carlos

Hello friends,

Could you please provide me the details about primary schools in the state of Sao carlos, sao paulo and how about fees, medium of instructions etc.,

Traditionally private schools anywhere in Brazil are extremely expensive, and the will not discuss their fees until you are actually there enrolling your child(ren), so it's going to be difficult to give you any relevant information. You can count on the monthly fee being at minimum R$1000 (BRL) or more.

While some English may be taught in some of the schools, classes are all given in Portuguese.

For more information about the schools in São Carlos, Google "escolas particulares em são carlos sp" you will get a list of some of the private schools there.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

And this is for half day. Generally all children study until midday. If you wan't full time (named "integral" in Brazil), you can double this price.

Hello Bardamu,

"And this is for half day. Generally all children study until midday. If you wan't full time (named "integral" in Brazil), you can double this price." -- as you mentioned.

Could you please give me clear explanation about the primary schools.

@Balaji24,

I'm sorry, but your last question is rather vague, so it requires some clarification.

Are you asking for information about the PUBLIC SCHOOL system now?

Public schools are free, they are operated either by the state or by the municipality and are required by law to provide education for ALL children above 6 years of age. They however only have classes of 4 hours in duration as pointed out earlier. Also in January of each year parents are presented with a list of school materials that THEY must supply for their own children. Also there is NO GUARANTEE that your child's school will be anywhere near your home so you may also have to bear the costs of transportation.

Classes in the public school system are given ONLY in Portugese, international surveys also show that Brazilian students tend to achieve grades lower than students in other countries, largely because they receive fewer hours of schooling each day.

Teachers are not really respected here in Brazil, unfortunately. This has the result that violence against teachers and other students is increasingly common in public schools.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Balaji,
Myself Raghava. Are you staying in Sao Carlos now?
I am planning to move there. Can you please help me with International or Private English medium schools in Sao Carlos.

Thanks,
Raghava

Raghava,
This is a 2015 forum and completely out of date.

What Visa will you enter Brasil?