Breaking contract with employer-what shall i do if they ask for money?

Hi my name is Nelson  I am working with a private company/ Hotel  in Al Ahsa KSA , i had signed a contract with a company for 2 years with  yearly vacation , after completing 4 months due to some family problems i want to go back to my home country. so i am planning to  resign with giving 1 month notice period.
however as per my contract either party can break the contract by serving the 1 month notice period but i have doubt on my management they  will ask for money for whatever expenses they have paid as i was hired from Philippines. so i need your help that if such things will happen what shall i do?
It will be great help for me if i know the procedure and consequences for the same.

Regards

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Edited your title to help you get more interactions.

Had you finished your probationary period, the employer cannot ask any payment from you as to breaching the contract.However, if they find your reason not valid, you will be shouldering your ticket back home.

All the best.

Hi,

What if you pass your probation period- you want to transfer but your contract hasn't yet expired! But, I want to go. Now if I go can they blacklist me? If they say no to a transfer, what can I do?

they will not transfer you mid contract. finish out the contract and ask for transfer or exit visa

don't resign if there are no available work for you in your home country.
request for vacation, usually employers will grant emergency leave when it's about family.

Saudi Labor law Article 40 - 2-The workman shall bear the costs of his return to his homeland if he is
found unfit for work or if he wishes to return home in the absence of a
legitimate reason.

This does not help me with wanting to leave my current employer though.
I want to be in Saudi but not with my current Kafeel or city.

You need to find another kafeel and negotiate for release with your current employer. If your current employer agrees, you can transfer before end of contract.

Lails 89 wrote:

This does not help me with wanting to leave my current employer though.
I want to be in Saudi but not with my current Kafeel or city.

Although the MoL already announced  that NOC is not required, some employers requires letter of NOC if the applicant will work in the same industry i.e from Sambank to AnBank or Mobilinky to Bravossimo.

For others NOC is not required when:
1) transferring from one industry to different industry e.g. bank to Mcdonuts
2) After two years after EXIT.

To the original poster, the company is not allowed to collect money from you after your probation. However if it is written in your contract that employer will collect money from any time you resign, then contract must be followed. But you can go to the Ministry of labor to complain.