Looking for affordable secondary schools in Kuala Lumpur?

I am going to move to Kuala Lumpur in a few months, and I was looking for quality secondary schools for my kids, who are entering into 11th grade- which I believe is the equivalent to year 12 or something.  Anyhow, I would really like a school around 7000 rm, if that's even possible, but I would prefer an affordable international school, the maximum I could be able to pay is very low- around 10,000 rm, so I was looking for education that offers a US/UK/Canadian curriculum, or any that is accepted into the United States, because I am on a program that lasts only one year. Are there public schools that have English courses for my kids? I feel this experience will be one we won't dare to forget, but I have to make sure everything is in its place first.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com.

There is a school that runs on the Canadian/North American curriculum - I will find out the name. Most run something along the lines of the UK system in various forms. There is also Baccalaureate.

Could you just clarify whether the figures you quote are monthly costs you have anticipated for education or what?  How many children are there, as well.

Thanks.

Impossible minimum for a decent - that is offers an education equivalent to a good or outstanding UK comprehensive - is 40k RM per year (secondary) - I assume you mean 7k per term if per year don't take job in kl If 7k per month then you can afford a wide range of decent schools. Anyone coming to KL with kids must allow 4k per kid per calendar month or suffer! Or get education paid for.

Anything less forget it. Malaysian standard education " open page 34 and copy" while the "teacher" (no teaching qualifications and paid 2k or less) plays with facebook.

And I am not criticizing those teachers who would bother for 1.6k a month that some schools pay. They don't work hard as they spend evenings tutoring kids to make real money. Often from same school.

Don't forget a local state teacher can earn up to 6k a month now with lots of cheap.loans eg housing and tuition opportunities as only work half day shifts. So who works in these "international" schools.......