Corruption in VN 2015

An interesting read.
http://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/ap … corruption

The writer could also have mentioned Nam Cam,  a Saigon gangster who was executed. for murder a few years ago. Not only was he paying off fhe Saigon police and Saigon officials, he was also paying half the customs department in a borderr district to smuggle in goods for him from China.

Yeah, I saw that the other day. 
[Moderated by Priscilla : bad language not tolerated here ].   It's so common in developing countries.  A few get all the benefits of FDI and the rest get shafted.   

How the hell do young families get ahead on $150 a MONTH..??

Yogi007 wrote:

Yeah, I saw that the other day. 
[Moderated by Priscilla : bad language not tolerated here ]  It's so common in developing countries.  A few get all the benefits of FDI and the rest get shafted.   

How the hell do young families get ahead on $150 a MONTH..??

It's not so bad for the eldest son, when he gets married, he usually lives with M+ D, and gets the family house.
I've just come up against this [Moderated by Priscilla : bad language not tolerated here ]while trying to start a Charity here, that's what made me post this.
  If/When they do get caught I've very rarely seen anything about compensation, only the once where this [Moderated by Priscilla : bad language not tolerated here ] ripped off the customers of the Bank she worked at for about $30 mil, it was up to the Bank to try and get the money back, so it's worthwhile once the family Patriarch starts getting old or sick, and he's still in a position where he can " help " the family,.knowing the money can be so easily " hidden ".

Very interesting indeed. I cried when I read this! I love this place but hate it at the same time. It is the people that make it wonderful! Thanks for posting this...

Good post.

Thank you.