Iqama (Residence Permit) problem for newborn in KSA?

Dear all,

I am in a really big problem and I need your advice and directions please.

I have dual nationality (British & Algerian), and I came to Saudi Arabia from the UK using my British passport with my wife (Algerian only, so she used Algerian passport). She gave birth to our son 2 months ago in KSA.

I have now obtained an Algerian passport for our son. Obtaining the British passport however is a complicated and lengthy legal process that takes anywhere between 1 to 2 years. I have enquired and I am afraid there is no way to expedite this process.

As the summer holidays are very close, I went to Jawazat to obtain a residence permit for our son (on the Algerian passport). To my surprise they refused to issue my son a residence permit, and asked for the British passport to be able to do this, which is impossible in my case.

I have not read anywhere that the son (i.e. dependent) has to have the same nationality as the sponsor (myself in this case) in order to be granted a residence permit. On the website, it says the son needs to have a passport (but did not specify the type).

My question is two fold really:
1- Is it possible to issue my son a residence permit on his Algerian passport? Were people at the Jawazat acting at their own discretion or were they following a particular law?
2- if (1) is impossible and there is a law which dictates this, is there a way to take him out for holidays (e.g. final exit him) and bring him back on family visit visa?

Please any insights or advice to solve this issue are most welcome.

Thanks

Please any help / advice?

check with Algerian embassy if they can provide a travel document for your baby without his own iqama..  The thing about travel document is it works like an exit permit.

Please note that my son already has an Algerian   passport. His problem is that Jawazat are refusing to issue him an iqama on this passport.  They are asking for the British passport since I entered KSA using a British passport.