Any Crossfit Gyms or Good Gyms in General Around Westlands?

Hello ex-pat blog!

So I'm hoping some Nairobi natives or transplants can help me out here. I'm looking for a gym with good classes, ideally in the high intensity, quick workout area, and good equipment--and a focus on actually doing correct technique and that sort of thing.

In a perfect world I'd find a Crossfit gym, which is a high intensity short workout program that's really benefitted me over the last few months. I have been unsuccessful so far, though, and there may not be such a place or even class in the city  :sosad:  So I'll have to do the next best thing, which are good, well-led and varied workouts of different types.

(By the way, this isn't me being a prima donna. I'm lazy and I hate working out so much that I want to spend as little time on it as possible. If I don't have people telling me what to do and making me do it, I'm not going to!  :(   )

I live in the Westlands area, so the closer to that the better, but if anyone has other recommendations I would be glad to hear them!

Hi there,

So i'm from the US too, currently spend 2 weeks per month in Nairobi (Westlands) and the other 2 in Jo'burg, SA.

I go to the Racing Sports Gym (opposite Havanas Bar) in Westlands....it's the "best" gym i've seen in the area for the price (approx $50/month).

I hear there is a gym in the ABC Mercury building that is nice, and there are a few others (Jacaranda Hotel one is very nice, but doesnt make sense for me to pay about $100/month) when im only here 2 weeks per month.

hope that helps.

cheers,

nik

You could also look at the gym in Prime Executive Apartments on Rhapta Road

While I haven't tried them out myself, I have friends who swear by the cross fit classes at ABC.  facebook.com/groups/692923797408967/