Malaria tablets in Vietnam??

Me and my boyfriend have ran out of malaria tablets and we're pretty desperate to see some more malaria-prone areas! Can we get them in Vietnam?? We're in HCMC and don't mind if its expensive.

Hello Cpearce1988,

Kindly note that I have moved your discussion in the Ho Chi Minh City forum so that you can get better views and information.

Regards,
Yuveshen

If you really want them you can find them at a decent pharmacy around D1. But to be honest,unless your heading deep into the jungle and sleeping outside, you don't really need them. I've lived here for 8 years and travelled deep into the Mekong Delta and areas around the Cambodian border in Binh Phuoc and never used them. Just use a good roll on protectant and wear long sleeves and use a mozzie net.

Thanks for your reply! I have to say, I would be happy to take the risk but my boyfriend would rather be safe than sorry! Are there any particular pharmacies you could recommend? Thanks again.

As I was saying I don't take them so not sure exactly which pharmacy.

Cpearce1988 wrote:

Thanks for your reply! I have to say, I would be happy to take the risk but my boyfriend would rather be safe than sorry! Are there any particular pharmacies you could recommend? Thanks again.

Hello to a fellow Pearce...

The CDC website has this to say about malaria in VN: http://www.cdc.gov/malaria/travelers/co … ble/v.html

Did you get the rabies prophylaxis? Having traveled extensively in rural VN, I'd say your chances of getting rabies is better--and it will kill you.

Just my two pence...