Starting a business in Mauritius

I am Indian National and looking for some initial advise from you. Presently I am not living in Mauritius.

I am interested in setting up a business in Mauritius and I stuck up where to start and how to start, what are the initial steps. I tried many web help search, but unable to get firm idea.

Can anybody advise me ateast with points how to start.

Thanks in advance.

[Moderated by Team : No free publicity on the forum please register your services in the Business directory ]

mailsyedhyd wrote:

I am Indian National and looking for some initial advise from you. Presently I am not living in Mauritius.

I am interested in setting up a business in Mauritius and I stuck up where to start and how to start, what are the initial steps. I tried many web help search, but unable to get firm idea.

Can anybody advise me ateast with points how to start.

Thanks in advance.

You may start from here:
http://www.mcci.org/business_procedures … gners.aspx

One way or the other , you hav eto go through the BOI first to apply:

For the following categories, it is an obligation to register and obtain a Registration Certificate from the Board of Investment:

Non-Citizen investors, self-employed and professionals who intend to apply for an Occupation Permit;
    Retired Non-Citizens who intend to apply for a Residence Permit;
    Non-citizen investors who wish to acquire immovable property for business purposes;
    Companies who want to benefit from land conversion tax exemption on agricultural land for development;
    Companies manufacturing goods for exports wishing to benefit from special labour and employment provisions;
    Investors with a development project under the Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS);
    Investors intending to operate in a Freeport Zone.

Guidelines for registration with BOI can be obtained on the following webpage: http://www.boimauritius.com/Resources.aspx

http://www.investmauritius.com/doing-business.aspx

Hello

First it would be good to know what business you are willing to start dear.

Kind regards

hi

board of investment Mauritius (BOI) this site will give you all the information required to set up your business in Mauritius

Colin

Please contact me on ++++I will try to help as I faced the same situation

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + use the private message pls

Hello

There are procedures to follow to set up your business in Mauritius.

It also helps if you have a contact at the BOI where you can follow up on the status of your application.

Do let me know if you require the list of documentation required to get the process started, and i would be happy to help.

Regards,
Venna

Thank you for your reply. Business registered successfully.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

according to the recent changes in the law, you do not need to contact the BOI to start your own business here.

Step 1 - create your company cost Rs 3,400 (you get it done in a week

You will need a Mauritian shareholder in your company unless your business nature is ecomerce and allow you to bypass some procedures. I start my business here with a mauritian shareholder.
Make sure you set good agreement in your favor if you choosing a newly met shareholder in case of divorce.

Step 2 - what is the business nature? some requires specific license
some license you get in a week, some might be months all depend on bsuiness nature

Step 3- create your bank account you get in a week too.

Step 4- start your business

if you visit mauritius, 3 weeks are enough to get these done :)