Help, but not urgent help....

I am posting to see what type of responses I get, because reading ALL of the prior posts are only confusing to say the least. My wife and I left the VN this past January to visit her native Philippines and then quickly returned. I applied for and received 3 month single entry DL visa, whilst she was issued a 3 month single entry DN visa
   My question is, can  EITHER of us receive a 3 or 6 month extension for less than say 200USD? 

Also is the N5 form even usable anymore? because that is the method I was using before Jan to extend my visa.I would just take the form to the Ward police, slip a little Coffee money, and then take the completed N5 to Immigration and pay my money, and DONE.
I still have some time before I need to renew(if possible)so any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,  I have heard of people going to immigration with the N form , only to be turned away.  No reasonable reason why either.  They just think we are trying to get it done cheaper by cutting the agents out.  The agents work in tandem with the immigration people.  It's just the corrupt money hungry attitude . 
Given that your looking at $400 minimum between you, and they always find a "problem" to,charge more after you hand over your passport.,, I'd be going on a short holiday to Cambodia. 

Return Bus $20 each.  Hotels $25 PN.   3 mth single visa $105 (overnight service) each

Cambodia visa $35 on the bus.   Your girl may not need a visa since she's from the Philippines. Check it out.
You'll  be way in front of $400 +.   And your seeing something different and doing something with your money.

Thanks Yogi, its sounds like some great advice, any suggestions on a travel agency to help in this 'adventure'?

Hi, just get a bus ticket to PHnom penh. They do the visa on the bus, no problem.
CTT travel are good to organize the visa thru.  They have offices in PP , sihanoukville and Siem reap.    Email.    [email protected]

Next day service on the Visa 3 mths single $105 in total.
They do same day service for a few extra bucks.   They are on the river front I. The tourist area at 223 Sisowat quay St.

They can organise your return bus as well.. Check out Agoda.com for hotels.   Try and find one around Street no 130 near the river front. It's central to everything.     The Tuk Tuk form the bus drop off to that area should not be more than 4- $5.    It's only 2k.

Please note, the Cambodian visa has now increased to 30usd.

http://www.movetocambodia.com/practical … ncreasing/

thanks for the update advice Yogi and Colin.

Thanks Yogi, It sounds like some great advice. It is a sad thing that we have to go through all these hoops for just 90 days of peace....

G'day Mr Exx,
Yeah, it's all part and parcel of "living" here.   I've always done the visa extensions inside the country for about $40 to $60.  But now they've used the new visa types to ramp up the fees.

Even if they want to charge me $200 to renew it in May, I'll more than likely take another holiday, ...just for something to do . After all, I'm here to travel, that's what got me here, so may as well look around.  The way I look at it....they are giving me a $100+ head start on where I want to go next.

And , the food and beer in Cambodia is better than here.  Nearly every restaurant has a good selection of western and asian food. Malaysia is the same.  Went there last time. 

Good to have a change from Soup and garden clippings for a change.

Get a visa at Cambodian Embassy HCMC.$10.Catch a 703 to the border at Noc Bai from central city.Exit VN.Enter Cambodia.Turn around re enter VN.And back for another 90 days.I am assuming you have a VEC,if not maybe you need to sort a visa before you do it.Maybe you get the same bus back or the next one but leave early in the morning ,

Hi
According to the new Visa regulation No. 47/2014/QH13 June 2014, which came to effect on 1 Jan 2015, there is no more N visas or N5 forms..

A DL visa is issued to a tourist valid for 3 months only (it cannot be extended within Vietnam) you must exit Vietnam and reapply from a embassy / consulate / border crossing (depending on your nationality) again.

A DN visa is issued to a person who has come to Vietnam on a short term work for a sponsoring company in Vietnam, this  cannot  be extended in Vietnam. One must reapply via a embassy outside Vietnam.
Or if need to work for a longer term one must apply for a "LD" visa which is issued to people who come to work with work permits.  again this has to be processed overseas 

What ever it is,   the bottom line is:   it will cost over $200.

Peter Donut