Applying for registered nurse ended up enrolled nurse

Hi everyone!

I want to share my story and I want to ask for some advise. I feel so troubled since when the agency here in Philippines Im applying told me that I am not qualified for registered nurse in Singapore though giving me the option as enrolled  nurse. I earned almost 4years in a tertiary hospital here in the philippines and It hurts me knowing that I will only end up there as enrolled nurse. One thing also is that I took the registered nurse exam and passed it. I went through this series of certificates screening and interview and the agency has never told me that my probationary status is not counted. Now, I am confused and wish to back out instead. For some reasons that the agency is asking me big amount of placement fee with my expected monthly salary in singapore is already slashed to half due to my status as enrolled nurse as for my initial entry. I am afraid that Ill get stuck there and I am the bread winner of the family. I wish to back out with the agency I am applying and look for another agency/employer directly in Singapore. My question is, if I am still qualify to reapply in Singapore Nursing Board for another employer/agency? Your response could be a really great help..

I am not familiar with the registration procedures and job title of nurses, but I can tell you that an agency which charges a major portion of your salary as fee is a SCAM - in fact under Singapore law they are not allowed to charge you a single cent, as all fees must be paid by the employer - and you should stop all contact with that agency immediately!
If you still want to work in Singapore, contact the Ministry of Health (MoH) for public hospitals or the hospital administration for private ones. As far as I have heard, there is a shortage of nurses and specifically those with experience and good English and/or Chinese skills are sought after.
Good luck!