Jobs Teaching English in or near Leon

Does anyone have information about English teacher employment near Leon.  I'll be coming there in April and I would like to be prepared to find a job.  I have been a Instructor/Facilitator teaching Basic and Advanced Electronic and 94F  Detection/Computer equipment repair.  I have been training allied student from many different countries on highly technical information who had limited background and low understanding of English terms.  Hey, Hey, thanks to everyone who has helped me.

Thanks again.

Schoonertiki

Hi,

You could contact La Salle - it is a kind of technical highschool (age about 16-20).

I do not remember all their matters, but among others there was mechanical construction and Renewable Energies. I am sure they also offer courses in electronics and computer technology.

You also asked for a transport from Managua (airport?) to Leon. Many tour operators have shuttle buses  for 15$. They take you directly to your hotel or hostel in Leon and you can bring your luggage along. But you should previously ask them at which time they will be at the airport, because in Managua they do not stop at the hotels, because the city is too big and this would take too much time.

In general they stop at the airport and at the Best Western hotel at the airport.

Their pickup time might not match your arrival time, unless you do not mind spending some time with a coffee in the airport. The price would be worth while.

The other cheaper solution is to take a taxi (20$) to the chicken bus station. There are minibuses (which normally do not take big luggage) and huge chicken buses which put your luggage on the roof. The price is very low - 60 Cordobas (not even 3 $), if I remember well. At the arrival in Leon there are always taxis who take you to your hotel/hostel for 20 Cordobas in town. If you are a bit adventurous, this is the cheapest solution - it is not dangerous, but a little challenge if you do not speak Spanish (but everyone will understand if you say "Leon por favor!").

During the first days you may want to stay in a hostel - 10-15$ in a,private room, 4-5$ in a dorm. You will meet many people there who can give you advice. I was looking my house due to a recommendation of the hostel owner. You can easily find a house for about 300-400$, often even with WIFI. But almost all restaurants and cafés also have WIFI.

There is a FACEBOOK group "Expats in Leon" where you can also find advice. Good luck!

Salera,
Thank you for your response you have been helpful.  Hope to see you one day.  God bless.